1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Quite Frankly WTF?!!?!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Chopped, Jul 13, 2006.

1. Chopped

Chopped Member

Scoop Jackson mentions McGrady may potentially be traded this off season and goes as far to say that it might be for AI?!? Then Screaming A goes : Phili would never do that deal! No one wants that contract with a bad back...

on a side note Rick Bucher said the worst move of the offseason was acquiring Rudy Gay and Stro Swift?!?

2. str8tup

str8tup Member

hahaha yeah i just saw that, i didnt pay attention to the tv until i heard them say tracy mcgrady, then i was like wtf, and then stephen a. was talking about how no one would take tracy's contract and at that point i was laughing my ass off, obviously he didn't read the doctor's report, sure t-mac was injured, and sure he'll probably won't play 82 games this year, but i think he'll be good for at least lik 77-79, but anyway's, i don't think the rox would do this trade, they get a PG, but lose a swingman in tracy and are left with head and battier to cover the SG and SF positions, and their backup would be novak, and i dont know who else b/c i can't think of anyone right now to back head up at SG, unless you count sura, but anyways i don't think this trade will go down, very unlikely

3. docgundy

docgundy Member

Tough move. It's a tossup. I saw the interview.

4. Chopped

Chopped Member

I would never do this trade.....how much more outrage this BBs can take?

5. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

I just saw this and posted about it in "Forget James get me Iverson".

"Ok yeah i admit this sounds stupid but did anyone catch Quite Frankly tonight? They were talking about that one superstar that gets traded and Scoop Jackson actually mentioned that he thinks Tmac should be traded straight up for AI. You know... that doesnt sound that bad. He also mentioned how the rockets have been trying to get rid of tmac "for a long time, because of his back". Now Scoop Jackson isn't stupid, hes a really good columnist, but hell i would actually be ok with this deal IF tmac doesn't suceed next year we could get away with this."

I wouldn't mind. ;)

6. TMACFORMVP

TMACFORMVP Member

Yah I saw that too! I think he just threw out a name in McGrady nad Smith started talkin bout his back and said Philly wouldn't do it. The Scoop said Philly would most defenitly accept the trade and almost Philly would do it if offered. I doubt MAC is goin anywhere, he'd be traded only if his back is gone which no team will trade for him. MAC will come back next year and prove everybody wrong. Anyway yeah suprisingly Buchur said Memphis had made the worst moves this off-season.

7. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

I have always had a man crush on AI for as long as I can remember...I love T-Mac and all but I am bias here and would love to see AI in Rocket red

8. bigbodymoe

bigbodymoe Contributing Member

I caught that segment as well and thought it very interesting that Ric Bucher would say that Memphis was flat out the worst move of the offseason, i really take his comments seriously i think hes one of the best analysts and insiders out there. the Tmac comment makes it sound more than it is. Scoop was basically just "throwing" out his own idea of a trade, not a rumor or anything anyone else told him

9. ktvoss

ktvoss Contributing Member

i would do it. iverson has gone to the finals with mutombo, he can do it with yao.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Quite frankly, "Scoop," is an hack with a love for the camera, a love slightly less than he love he has for himself.

11. Chopped

Chopped Member

One thing about AI that bothers me is that he isnt a halfcourt player. at under six feet, he is short for any position in the nba and in his later years may get abused on D. As he gradually gets older, his trademark quickness will go and his shot creating skills may go with it.

12. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

Everytime when Stephen A opens his mouth, I turn off my TV.

13. Rockets111

Rockets111 Contributing Member

I think it would be tough to say no to this deal:

Iverson, Kyle Korver and Kevin Ollie for McGrady, Alston and Sura.

I know we're all attached to McGrady but I think we would have to at least entertain the idea.

14. Fuzzybear

Fuzzybear Contributing Member

Count me out, I take Mcgrady over Iverson 10 times out of ten, Korver or no Korver. Bad back risk and all, I take Mcgrady.

15. RocketsMVP

RocketsMVP Contributing Member

Imagine AI playing under Van Gundy. That ain't gonna happen.

16. ktvoss

larry brown?

17. jcantu

jcantu Contributing Member

Tmacs had the bad back now for a couple of seasons, but what is suprising is if you look at the stats:

Tmac 9 seasons- 612 games with an avg of 68 games per reg season
    AI 10 seasons- 682 games with an avg of 68.2 games per reg season

Now what is really interesting is if you look at the minutes played per season.

Tmac 21302 min total (reg season)
    AI 28441 min total (reg season)

The difference is 7139 minutes which works out to almost 149 more complete games. That is almost 2 more seasons than Tmac. I would also mention that AI is 31 and Tmac 27.

I take Tmac over AI, bad back and all. I doubt AI will have a longer effective career than Tmac just by looking at the numbers.

18. thetennisyao

thetennisyao Member

never gonna happen. think if we lose tmac, who would play SG and who would play SF.

19. Tuan

Tuan Member

Tmac sat on the Bench for a few years in Toronto.

20. ktvoss

that would be battier