1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Thread on Thank You, Swift!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JWhaley, Jul 13, 2006.

1. JWhaley

JWhaley Contributing Member

Official Thread on Thank You, Stromile Swift!

Thank you for choosing Houston last summer and giving a fan like me a burst of happiness, although it was temporal.

I feel deeply sorry that you had to leave Houston after only one year. I feel shamed for Rockets' low-profile management: sending you back to the place from where you chose Houston.

I can't forget your eagerness (although sometimes look nervous) to play well on court and your impressive dunks one after another.

Thank you, Stromile Swift!

#1 JWhaley, Jul 13, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2006
  2. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

I will give him props for taking less money to go to Houston, but that's where it stops...

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

4. TMACFORMVP

TMACFORMVP Member

I know that's pretty all I can say. :(

5. ant_the_truth

ant_the_truth Member

i think stromile did look nervous at times...he did have some good games at times....sucks that he didnt work out in houston... poor guy took less money to come to houston .. and they ship him back to memphis out of all places....

6. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

Man, do you think Stromile Swift actually reads this forum? Get a life.

Hey TRACY MCGRADY! If you are reading this, wanna play ball with me and my boys this Friday night? We need one more player and we think you can probably hang with us. I heard you were good. We'll see.

Hey YAO MING, your restaurant sucks and is overpriced! You should close it so the Blockbuster Videos next to you would get some more room to put an adult's video section.

7. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

Thanks for showing such lack of effort on the court when you played.

Thanks for having the basketball IQ of a door stop.

Thanks for having so little value in the league that we had to package you and a lottery draft pick just to get Shane Battier.

Thanks for fooling us into wasting our MLE last year on you when we could have gotten a much more productive player for the same money.

And last but not least...

Thanks for freeing up a roster spot so we can bring Chuck Hayes back, a player who is shorter and less athletic then you but has a heart bigger then your brain.

8. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

This thread is officially lame.

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

He should have taken the $40MM Memphis offered him the year before. He actually thought he could do better. LOL!

Bye Stro. It was a big mistake for the Rockets to waste their MLE on you. We won't miss you at all and I'm sure the feeling is mutual.

10. caphorns

caphorns Member

How in the world can you think a guy for not being greedy when he got paid about $5MM last year to mostly not show up?

Who offered him more money?

11. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

and........close thread.

CLASSIC.

12. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Wow. This is lame. Y'all can hate on Swift all you want (I'm not a big Swift fan either). But in a Official Thank You Thread (even though he won't read it), why do you have to be so mean???

13. swu

swu Contributing Member

Poor Yao.. I hope he called Swift and told him he didn't want to see him go.. hope he doesn't get duncked again.

14. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Two totally pretend and hypothetical situations: Which is worse?

A. If Swift got cut (rumored to be unhappy) and expressed the desire to come back and play for cheap.

OR------

B. If we can't find any better options for using our TE's, Minnesota comes calling and asks if we would like to take back Eddie Griffin.

Pick your poison people :cool:

15. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I'd actually legitimately thank Swift for some of his throw-downs. It is fun to have someone on the roster who can do that. Cool dunks are, well, cool!

16. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

So much hate. I still had hope for him, but I'm sure his confidence might be pretty shot now. :\ I believe he could have flourished if we had a diff coach, and no, this is not a bash JVG post. I just think Swift was a victim of JVG's coaching. But...what do I know I'm just a fan.

Good luck Stro'

17. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Official Letter from Van Gundy:
    To Whom it May Concern:
    Stromile Swift was a player for the Houston Rockets during the span of the 2005-2006 season. He came to Houston with great expectations and hopes, and disappointed us all. I, more than most, expected greatness from this young man and got nothing in return. You would think that in his five minutes per game he could produce something down the stretch, but all in all nothing came to fruition. Don’t let the injuries of Yao and Tracy fool you, the reason the Rockets season was so dismal was solely because of Swift. Last season in no way, shape, or form reflected on me as a man or my coaching abilities. I would like everyone to know that even though this may in fact be my last season as a Rocket, the only blemish on my career was coaching Stromile Swift.

Love As Always,
    The Gundynator

[​IMG]

18. roxfan123

roxfan123 Member

Some of the guys here are just pure cold-blood. I have to give Swift the thanks for taking less money to come here. He TRUSTED Rox, but since the hairless coach never got along with him, Rox showed ZERO respect to him. If all rox fans were to treat the players like the management, I seriously wish Yao can go to LA or NY. I can almost foresee that if Yao gets injuried again and will be out for 2 or 3 months during the coming season, there will be some rocket fans saying "time to trade Yao?" "Bye Yao, sorry, we have to trade you and we won't miss you..."
    Swift is not like Jho, some posts here are disgusting.

19. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

OMG.. I can't stop laughing my ass off! That pic is great. I just made it my wall paper. Now every time I get on the computer I get a big FU from the Rockets and JVG in perticular. :eek:

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I don't have any hate for him. I just think he's a borderline worthless player who has no heart for the game.

Has Stro been a coaching "victim" for 6 years? He's had several coaches. Maybe HE is the problem and coaching has nothing to do with it. Just a thought.