1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pat Carroll

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crash5179, Jul 8, 2006.

1. Slick Rick

Slick Rick Member

He is acturally the illegitimate son of Joe Barry Carroll "Joe Barely Cares". That might put some red flags on the kid.

Just Kidding. I couldn't resist the Joe Barry reference. :D

2. tuus

tuus Member

from EuroBasket

Carroll Pat 196 G/F 82 USA Noi Sport (ITA)

3. tuus

tuus Member

that team is in second division in Italy League

4. dfwrox

dfwrox Contributing Member

I think the key for him is actually can he defend...

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Agreed, plus can he suceed against NBA defenses, i.e, is his release quick enough, is HE quick enough to get open, is he savvy enough to hit an open man, cut to the basket when it's there, how is his handle, etc, etc. Training camp should smoke him out.

6. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

This is what kills a lot of shooters coming out of college or Europe. Their shot release is a bit slow and/or sometimes they shoot from the front of their head making their shots easy to block.

I don't know about Carroll's shot release but I thought one of the game reviews said that he shot the ball from the front of his head. I don't know how accurate that is so I guess we will just have to wait until trainging camp and pre-season to see how that effects him.

7. IC2000

IC2000 Contributing Member

he worked at st joes as an asistant

8. dfwrox

Did not see this posted...

http://www.***************/article_18048.shtml

9. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Pat Carroll shot the ball like mad today like he was back at Notre Dame I guess.

Damn CD, It Pat not Matt.

#29 Dubious, Jul 10, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2006
  10. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Although posting this guy's stuff is supposed to be a no no around here... considering most of his article was quotes (he wouldn't have falsified direct quotes, would he?) I thought it was good info.

I like that Morey says his got size and plays smart on defense. Great stuff

11. dfwrox

Sorry. Rookie mistake...

12. jkg123

jkg123 Member

That's awesome!! Hilarious.

13. zcity

zcity Contributing Member

anyone have any video on this guy ?

14. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Yeah, I picked up on that too. That made me think the "Rocket Guy" was just making the quotes up.

15. Old Man Rock

Yeah I thought that too but couldn't believe he would stoop so low. Could he?

16. dfwrox

Old Man Rock, Could you please enligthen me about the history behind the animosity toward this guy?

Thanks.

17. Old Man Rock

I don't believe I am the best source for that answer. When I joined he was still posting in this forum but had already made some enemies. I believe he was posting alot of heresay some of which he got from this board as insider information and never giving credit. I am sure there is more to it than that as I find Clutch to be a very lenient man. I personally like reading his articles. Only I read them more as fiction than fact. This one in particular has quite a few quotes in it and no one else is reposting this stuff so it's great info from a Rocket perspective. It very well could be true considering CD and Morey or reportedly in Vegas. But suffice it to say his history of less than accurate reporting makes one read his articles with suspect.

18. dfwrox

Thanks a lot.

19. AggieDentist

AggieDentist Member

considering that Carroll has the size (6'5"), the shot, the ability to cut to the basket, and the defense (see link that mentions his perennial all-star defense on Martell Webster), i would definitely like to see Pat get a chance to make the team.

but with the roster looking the way it does (

1: Rafer | Sura | JL3 (hopefully)
    2: Snyder | Head
    3: Mac | Novak | Bowen
    4: Battier | Hayes | Howard
    5: Yao | Deke

), as well as the highly likely possibility that we will add 1-2 more player(s) with our TE and MLE, will there be space for Carroll at the SG?

more importantly, with Battier and Novak, do you think RyBo becomes expendable in favor of Carroll? i say yes, but JVG probably says no.

20. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Erm. I think that all-star defender comment was sarcastic. Basically saying that Webster got pressured by a guy that ISN'T known for his D.

Still, you can't deny that he can shoot. He'll be worth bringing into training camp if nothing else. That's one thing I like about bringing guys back to your summer league year after year, like Lucas and Carroll and Baxter. Some of these guys do work on their game and improve. Eventually, if they keep working on it, they have a chance to make a roster and take it from there. Mike James is a perfect example of this phenomenon.