1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. xzhang10

xzhang10 Contributing Member

Somehow I feel Cato may come back as backup C and PF with low price. That may explain why Rox wants to get rid of Stro. Any thoughts?

2. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

I think so too. How old is Cato?

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Cato and MJames would be nice

Rafer - MJames - Head
    MJames - Head
    Tmac - Battier
    Cato - Howard
    Yao - Cato - Deke

some offensive firepower.
    Defensive prowless on the front line

Rocket River
    If we win 53 games. . it ain't impressive. .. . it ain't gonna make
    this trade a GOOD trade . .it is to be expected with improvement
    of Yao and Healthier team

4. xzhang10

32 I guess. But I still think he can contribute. I will be thrilled if he is back.

5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

You guys are crazy. Cato sucked while he was here. Why would we want him back?

6. xzhang10

Doc, I agree with you 100%. Just want to find something good out of that stupid trade. :). Anyway, this is the team we love, we have to support Rox no matter what.

7. xzhang10

Cato sucked in offense, but his defense was quite solid. I do think he helped Yao a lot that year. If we can get him CHEAP,say less than 2M, why not?

8. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

well without stro, deke is our only backup center. he is going to retire at the end of next season.

finding a F/C is a big priority since filling our need at the 2 is now taken care of.

9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I don't think his defense is that spectacular. I'd call it average for someone his size.

Plus, if I am remebering correctly, you can't use the LLE 2 years in a row. Since the Rockets are over the cap, they could therefor only sign Cato by splitting up the MLE - which I'd rather see them use to try and get a player like Wilcox, or Bonzi (if there is no market for him), because I think they used their LLE last year.

10. sherwin

sherwin Member

Cato is horrible and on the brink of retirement.