1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Conservative Posters call for the murder of NYT's editor, reporters

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by mc mark, Jun 27, 2006.

1. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

I'm embarressed for the University of the Incarnate Word

--------------

The Dean of Library Services at University of the Incarnate Word canceled the library's subscription to the New York Times Wednesday to protest recent stories exposing a secret government program that monitors international financial transactions in the hunt for terrorists.

"Since no one elected the New York Times to determine national security policy, the only action I know to register protest for their irresponsible action (treason?) is to withdraw support of their operations by canceling our subscription as many others are doing," Mendell D. Morgan, Jr. wrote in a June 28 email to library staff. "If enough do, perhaps they will get the point."

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/metro/stories/MYSA062906.nytimes.EN.bbc4a6b.html

2. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

I'm embarrassed about my spelling too.

3. insane man

insane man Member

it is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

though believe you me. i have no doubt.