1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Twins @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jun 20, 2006.

1. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

That was only his 3rd error of the year. I trust him at second. That said, isn't Bruntlett his usual defensive replacement late in the game?

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He needs to, the Twins are throwing a very good pitcher at us tomorrow.

DD

3. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Bruntlett or Burke... in this case, I'd use Burke since you're already moving him from CF anyways for Willy's defense.

Fransisco Liriano is the real deal... this kid is just dominating. Even though we hit lefties relatively well, I'd be suprised if we see any offense tommorow... this kid would probably have an ERA below 0.50 if he was in the NL (as it is, its 2.16).

Roger is just going to have to match him... should be fun to watch.

4. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

no one's answered my question of why ensberg is blowing goat balls.

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

He's streaky... combined with a recent shoulder injury.

His hot April made him HR happy where he tried to pull everything in May (still hit 8 HR's), and that's caused the batting average to plummet.

6. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

Really, when did he injure his shoulder? :eek:

7. rw7183

rw7183 Contributing Member

Remember Ensberg also got hurt at the end of the season last year and was never the same. He had the big game against Atlanta in Game 1 of the NLDS but that was about all the production out of him.

He also struggled all season in 2004 when he said he was bothered with an injury.

8. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

It was one of the games against Atlanta recently... but since his batting average was awful in May, its probably not a good explanation for why he's only hitting .250 (but it could be a decent explanation to a possible decrease in power off the bat).

9. rocketfat

rocketfat Member

yes i did, and i do. never said i didnt. just said when your ss is hitting a shade over .200, and your team cant score runs, a change has to be made, no matter how good his defense is, and it was.

p.s. - oh, by the way, biggio's pathetic excuse for an arm cost us the game last night. that doesn't show up in your treasured statistics though. man i love the magic of observation and common sense!

thank you for making me feel like a genius as usual! i need a pick-me-up from the less fortunate every once in a while!

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

at the risk of starting it up all over again....what change was made? everett went down with back pain and ended up getting a cortisone shot because of it. as soon as he was healthy, he was back in the lineup and has started every game since. his average is up near .240 again.

11. rocketfat

rocketfat Member

he wasn't sitting all those games because of back pain dude. garner gave bruntlett an extended chance, and he didn't perform well enough to warrant keeping him in there. simple as that.

12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

is that your best guess??? or do you know something? because everyone else in the organization says otherwise. and he certainly seems to be hitting hella better since the shot. i heard a brief deal on the radio with him talking about getting the shot and the difference it made for him.

here's a blurb on June 7 in the Chronicle:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bb/3945750.html
    Everett feeling better
    Shortstop Adam Everett, who had painkilling injections in his back Monday, was held out of the starting lineup for the fifth consecutive game Tuesday even though he was available to play.

"I feel a lot better so hopefully it will continue to get better and stop hurting," said Everett, who has a torn piece of cartilage in his lower back. He said he suffered the injury in a collision with teammate Charles Gipson last September.

13. rocketfat

rocketfat Member

need i say more? also, how come reports didn't come out that he might have been sitting out due to back problems until several days of him sitting out passed? are you that naive?

14. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Big win tonight ... Can't wait for the Rocket Return tommorrow night!!!

15. Fatty FatBastard

16. North Star

North Star Contributing Member

Go Twins!!! Spoil the Rocket's season debut. Circle me Bert.

17. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

Everett made me eat crow tonite.

18. JunkyardDwg

37-35

The only record I care about.

19. Burzmali

Burzmali Member

Let me get this straight.

Bruntlett got a few starts when Everett was injured, and promptly got his ass sat back down on the bench when Everett got healthy, and you take this as support for your argument?

Let it go. You lose. Everett is the best defensive shortstop in the majors, he's invaluable.

20. JunkyardDwg

Funny but I thought Oswalt's failure to protect the lead or the bullpen's failure to keep it tied cost us the game.