1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

season ends, SL begins

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hooroo, Jun 21, 2006.

1. hooroo

hooroo Member

Not a draft candidate, but interesting that Van Gundy was the one who made contact.

http://www.wtrf.com/story.cfm?func=viewstory&storyid=11735
    http://www.msnsportsnet.com/content/mbb4.pdf

2. docgundy

docgundy Member

I don't think this really means much. He seems like a summer league scrub. I actually saw potential in Hayes because of his history and resume, but this guy, I don't know.

3. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

I've seen Beilein play. Excellent three point shooter but not much else. He'll be summer league fodder.

4. JamesC

JamesC Member

Now we dont need to draft Redick. :D Lets go get Brewer.

5. tariq

tariq Member

Patrick Beilein Set to Workout for the Houston Rockets

Beilein To Visit an NBA Team
    Posted 6/20/2006 10:50 PM

http://www.wboy.com/story.cfm?func=viewstory&storyid=11735&catid=3

Patrick Beilein Set to Workout for the Houston Rockets
    Story by Scott Grayson Email | Bio

Once the WVU Basketball season ended Mountaineer fans began looking ahead to the NBA draft.

Those fans are expecting to see Mike Gansey and Kevin Pittsnogle find employment at the next level.

But there may be a shot for another former Mountaineer to find a home in the NBA.

Patrick Beilein is busy working out and preparing for a visit with the Houston Rockets.

He spent some time this afternoon shooting from behind the NBA three point line.

Beilein will workout with the Rockets hoping to earn an opportunity to make their Summer League Team. That would then give him the chance to earn a spot on Houston's Regular Season Roster, "I'm very excited. My dad told me that Coach Van Gundy called him and was asking if I would be interested in trying to make the Summer League team. I just took the opportunity. I have signed a contract in the Netherlands already and I have talked to those people and they said it would be a great opportunity for me. So, if it workds out, it works out."

Beilein's former roommate and teammate Mike Gansey is travelling all over the country working out for NBA teams. He gave Patrick some advice on what to expect in an NBA workout, "I talked to Mike a little bit. He said it's just a bunch of shooting and that's what I love to do. So, I'm excited. I'm just trying to get back into that shooting form shape. I've been working real hard for the past three weeks trying to get back in that type of shape. I feel I'm ready to go. I always shoot from NBA land anyways. So, that's not going to be new for me."

Patrick Beilein will visit the Rockets on July 1st.

6. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

6'4" 205. The vast majority of his shots are 3-pters. Hits them at a decent clip.

7. Outlier

Outlier Member

We're probably looking for the next Chuck Hayes.

8. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I've seen Beilein play a lot and I can tell you he's a fierce competitor that nobody is going to push around. He plays with a lot of passion and is a decent shooter but i'm not sure he's an NBA player though.