1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you do this trade for AI?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hard Rock, Jun 19, 2006.

1. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

AI's rumored on the block , again. so, considering T-Mac's back problem, would you do this trade and give us a serious run for the championship in the next 1~3 years:

T-Mac + Allston + Head for Iverson + Korver + #13pick

we'd have our own pick and the #13 to pick both Shelden & Brewer, take Pittsnogle with #32, and then trade Swift for a sign n' traded Mike James. split the MLE on V-Span & Jumaine Jones, re-sign Wesley to Vet. Min. Trade TE for McInnis , we got:

Yao Ming, Deke, Pittsnogle
    S. Williams, J. Howard, Hayes
    K. Korver, J. Jones, Bowen
    R. Brewer, M. James, Wesley
    A. Iverson, McInnis, V-Span

OK now, I LOVE T-Mac and I know he's younger, but his back... :(

with AI, Korver, and the additional pick to get us both Shelden & Brewer we got everything we need: leadership & toughness, perimeter shooting and defense, enforcer at 4 who can block shot and rebound, big 2 guard, penetration, 3pt threat, ...

AI's 4yr older than T-Mac but he gives you about 70+ games/yr and you just don't know about T-Mac. AI's a warrior and he'd gives you 120% EVERY night. and AI's #1 NBA star in China (I remember he told the Chinese fan he'd won the title had Yao on his team.) most of you guys on this board gonna bash me for starting another trade T-Mac thread, but this is really a trade that can take us to the promise land in the shortest time. ask JVG, he'd love this trade happen ;) how about u?

2. McWai

McWai Member

no
    AI is selfish
    Yao can seldom touch the ball in the match

3. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

No. Tmac is definitely a risk, but I believe he is one worth taking. I have no desire to be in the playoffs again just to be there. I want to win one. Tmac is worth the risk because he is capable of being the best player in the game at any moment. To me, it just wouldn't be worth it.

That being said, I love AI. Korver is good. They're both bullfighters though.

4. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

guys, T-Mac isn't himself anymore!

when's the last time you remember T-Mac take the ball to the rim hard? last playoff on Bradley? he's becoming a jump shooter and we won't see the do-it-all T-Mac anymore. a healthy Yao + 70% T-Mac will take us to the playoffs and out in the 2nd round; a healthy Yao + 90% AI + right role players might take us to the Finals.

5. GermanRoxFan

GermanRoxFan Member

there's no way i would even trade alston, head and swift for iverson. iverson is a ballhogging player, who is pretty useless without the ball in his own hands. we don't need this type of game. we need roleplayers and shooters. and obviously he's inferior to t-mac besides getting to the basket.

it's funny that you suggest trading t-mac for iverson because t-mac was often injured last season. look at iverson's career! he's pretty much known for missing a lot of games every season. you'd be happy if this guy plays even 70 games. and that's without considering that his age and style of play will do him no favour with his injuries.

6. chris_Rocket

chris_Rocket Member

No, I wont do that! Never!

7. Chronz

Chronz Member

No, for the simple fact Tmac is better than AI. Besides its a moot point, Philly wont trade for Tmac unless they know hes healthy and if hes healthy then theres really no reason to trade him. This is worse than the KG rumors.

8. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Not in a million years.

9. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

How about the #8 pick, Rafer, Swift, Sura and Deke for AI?

10. The Hungarian Rocket

11. thephatp

thephatp Contributing Member

May as well trade YAO as well if you wanted to get AI.....because Yao would NEVER see the ball again except on rebounds.

HECK NO!

12. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

I feel that AI would take too many shots away from Yao.

13. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

I don't buy this AI is too selfish stereotype. He went one on one or one on many a lot, but they never really had any offensive weapons, outside of a sixth man in McKie. After Weber got there, he got his fair touches. I remember every All-Star game AI was in, he sets up other stars perfectly. I am willing to bet, if he plays with a healthy Yao, he will sure set Yao up beautifully. That being said, I still don't want to trade TMac with AI. A healthy TMac can do everything AI does, and more. Yes, the risk is there, but no one can guarantee you anything. Taking Yao as the first was a huge risk, but we are very happy with that choice now.

14. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

We can only trade Tracy Mc Grady before the start of the season. After that it will be very difficult! I say NO to AI !! But I wouldn't mind a trade to the Bulls for two of their young shooters.

15. T-Dogg

T-Dogg Member

HE WAS HURT! Fans are sometimes over the top, :mad: !

16. JamesC

JamesC Member

Mike James and AI in the same backcourt? LOL. I also dont think Toronto has any use for Swift either. They already have Bosh, Villanueva and might be adding Aldridge or Bargnani.

17. Nero

Nero Member

You talkin bout practice, man! Practice! You talkin bout PRACTICE!

Uh, yeah, that would work well alongside JVG.. ;)

18. C-Kompii

C-Kompii Member

AI once said "if me(he) and Yao was on the same time, we(they) will probably have 100% chance of winning the championship" ;)

-G'day-

19. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Trading Tmac for Ai isn't the most ludicrous thing about this proposal. It's this:

Trade Swift to Toronto when they have Bosh, Villanueva, and probably Morrison or Aldridge?!

Split the MLE? Does that EVER work out?

RE-SIGN Wesley!? :eek:

Trade for McInnis??!

Wow...I'm pretty much befuddled.

20. WallofYao

WallofYao Member

Nope I wouldn't do it, but good suggestion. Iverson did say if he had Yao on his team, he would win a championship.