1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CPA's

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ChrisBosh, Jun 18, 2006.

Tags:
  1. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Just wondering are there any CPA's in here that can help me answer some question?

What kind of grades(GPA) do i need to write the (CPA)exams? (I think I’ve done all the course requirements)

I just finished my fourth year of Uni and am thinking about moving to the U.S from Canada...heard there are many opportunities down there!?

Is there any state that you recommend that I go to? Since different states have different requirements...

also do you recommend I go through Becker’s?

2. cuttino

cuttino Contributing Member

There is no GPA / grade requirement. I believe the 150 hours of college coursework, and 30 hours of accounting courses applies in all states.

I have heard of some states being easier once you have your license (e.g., Louisiana makes it easier to get 'non-practicing' status so you don't have to submit 40 hours of continuing education every year). But every state requires the same exam (and that is the hard part).

I took Becker right out of school, so the exam was pretty easy for me. It might have been overkill, but who wants to go through the exam twice?