1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Taiwanese Player

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by JuLiO-R-, Jun 10, 2006.

1. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

2. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

You sound like a scout for the Rox... :D

3. gr8_wun

gr8_wun Member

from what little i can read, his name is Lin Chi Jei (or jay?) i'm not too sure to the spelling as i don't speak mandarin. Apparently he plays for the Taiwan Beer team (what a name eh) in the SBL (league)...

from the mix it seems like he has nba range. but then again, will he really be able to get off shots like that? i mean all his defenders play off him when he's a few feet from the line. ah well, if anything just try him out through training camp or 10 day contracts a la yuta tabuse. (and to be honest, i think yuta is better)

4. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

That dunk was pretty nasty.

5. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

That dunk is nasty anywhere on earth... but a Taiwanese league star... I don't know. Offer him a 2 hour contract for a game and see what he's made of.

6. Chopped

Chopped Member

is it just me or the rim looks shorter?

7. d.wang

d.wang Member

No, it looks shorter to me too. I don't think we should do anything with this guy. Although he might dominate in Taiwan, the level of competition there is nothing compared to the NBA.

8. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Come on. There isn't any league in the world (US, international, college, high school, WNBA) that plays with a shorter rim. I don't know who this guy is (or whether he has any chance at the NBA), but I'll give him props for a nasty throwdown.

9. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

Let me contribute a bit here.

I have never follow Taiwan's basketball league, SBL stands for "Super Basketball League" (please don't laugh). Lin is one of the stars in this league and his nickname is "Beast" (please don't laugh).

Here are some of his details:

Height: 192cm (6ft3 I guess??)
    Weight: 93Kg (204lb)
    DOB: June 11, 1982 (oh, it's his birthday today!!)
    Position: Forward

Stats (05-06)

Play Start FG% 3P% FT% OReb DReb TReb Ast Blk TO PF Pts
    30 30 .45 .34 .79 1.2 5 6.2 3.2 0.4 3.1 2.2 24.7

Here is the link

10. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

Definitely looks athletic and has range. Unfortunately, he looks like a 6'3" SG. Didn't really show any ballhandling skills in the videos, but he sure looks like he can play the game. If he were 3-4 inches taller I'd say "Sure, couldn't hurt" but our backcourt is already vertically challenged.

BTW, 34% from the international line? Ehhh, no thanks.

11. C-Kompii

C-Kompii Member

192cm would be around 6'3 1/2 and I think they measure the height of the players without shoes in Taiwan. Could qualify for 6'4 or even 6'5 (if you really push it) in NBA measurements. That said, despite being the best player in the 2nd best team in the Taiwanese league, I don't think he is a NBA prospect. Another Taiwanese player Chen Xin An (6'7 - 6'8) he had a chance of making the King's roster a few years back but was cut just before the season started.

-G'day-

12. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Thanks for the info. I don't think we'll ever see this guy in the NBA but 25ppg 6rpg 3apg are darn good numbers.

13. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

glad to see the taiwanese pride, but let's be realistic here and we all know this dude's just a college player level at best...

14. WallofYao

WallofYao Member

DAMNN.. that was a nice dunk.

15. GoatBoy

GoatBoy Member

China would probably be pissed if we picked up a Tiawanese player - all the media attention focused on Yao would then have the sub-story about China-Taiwanese relations. "Hey, these two get along, why can't the governments, blah, blah..."

16. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

Nice dunk but he used his off arm to push off.

17. aka ace

aka ace Rookie

What's so good about this guy? He sucks.... 34% from 3's? 3 assists to 3 TO ratio? He's not a PG or SG. He's only 6'3 but he looks bigger than everyone else in the vid, what does that tell you?

That dunk was overrated.. the ball hit the rim first and didn't go in clean. He also pushed off on that guys face.

I wish I had a camera crew following me around whenever I played in HS/leagues/streetball. Then I could post all my highlights on youtube and be played over and over on the Internet and perhaps get a call from the NBA?

18. jhou

jhou Member

I've been in taiwan for a long time, and Ive watched many of the taiwan basketball games. After watching NBA games and then watching the taiwanese games, you can tell that the taiwanese games are a joke. The taiwan level is even lower than the CBA. So this player may look good in the taiwan leagues, but IMO he has no chance of making it into the NBA.

19. chris_Rocket

chris_Rocket Member

I think he is an college type player and I do not think he can survive in the NBA Defence.
    But the dunk is a good one.