1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Thread on Yao Ming's Summer Activities 2006

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pryuen, Apr 25, 2006.

1. rocketsmetalspd

2. soulonh

soulonh Member

maybe from china

3. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Well I doubt a Chinese source did a survey of NBA GMs. More likely this is based off some survey done by NBA.com or sports illustrated or something. But it hasn't made waves or gotten any attention around here.

4. redcapital

redcapital Contributing Member

guys, CBA didn't put Yao's name in the roster of the national team. that means they are not going to force Yao to play in the world championship.

5. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

Well, his name is not included in this preliminary roster. But if he recovers in time, he will still be definite starter. No doubt about it.

6. qrui

qrui Member

good for wang. he should have done this a long time ago.

7. pryuen

http://sports.sina.com.cn/k/2006-05-01/12452191392.shtml

From above article we now know the impact of Yao Ming has to the Chinese basketball and the national team.

In the newly announced national team, 2 NBA strength and conditioning coaches were appointed. This is the first time that 2 NBA strength and conditioning coaches work at the same time for the national team.

The first one is Anthony Falsone, Yao Ming's personal strength and conditioning coach, who had actually been helping the Chinese national team for the past 2 years, while accompanying Yao Ming back in China.

The second one is also from Houston Rockets, who has been the assistant to David Macha, Rockets #1 strength and conditioning coach, and he just resigned to become the Chinese national team's assistant strength and conditioning coach.

According to Yao Ming, the above 2 coaches were complimentary to each other. Anthony Falsone specializes in improving and maintaining the body strength and conditions of a player, while the other guy specializes to add explosiveness to muscles of players.

Anthony Falsone has arrived China May 1, and ready to take up his post when the national team begins their training on May 6.

He said he wants CBA to find him an assistant from China, who can not only act as his interpretor, but also can learn from him the methodology of strength and conditioning that when he leaves with Yao Ming back into the USA, this trainer could continue looking after the strength and conditioning of the players of the national team.

8. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

Yao is using the Rockets to funel coaches to the national team. HAHAHAHAh

9. TIM BREAUX

TIM BREAUX Contributing Member

www.AnthonyFalsone.com

10. pryuen

Latest article from Yang Yi on Yao Ming's determination to participate in this summer's World Championship.

11. qrui

qrui Member

thanks pryuen.

i like his confidence. i hope the recovery part goes well for him so he can fullfill his wish.

12. pryuen

Another update from Yang Yi on Yao Ming's life in Houston.

Man he is such a professional, still working hard on his fundamentals despite he is yet to totally recover from his foot surgery.

13. m_cable

Awesome pryuen. That's the best article yet. I love getting a peak into the training regimes of pro athletes.

That tennis ball story is great. I just goes to show that Yao and the coaches are looking at every facet of his game to improve. And it's true, he didn't bobble the ball nearly as much when he came back from his layoff this past season.

I wonder if they got Stro on those drills. He could use it.

#33 m_cable, May 16, 2006
    Last edited: May 16, 2006
  14. C-Kompii

C-Kompii Member

Yao is hard working and dedicated. I am impressed.

-G'day-

15. T-2

T-2 Contributing Member

Amusing...alot of us have gotten that feeling too.

Thanks pryuen, very interesting. Yao is showing us exactly why we were excited to take him as the #1 pick. The talent and the drive.

16. pryuen

No news is good news ???

It's been over 10 days that there has been very little update about Yao Ming.

Read the following on sina.com today. Would like to summarize it for you guys.

17. pryuen

Well...if posters are not interested in this thread anymore, I'll stop posting here.

There's no point wasting my time in translation for 1 to 2 hours on average, but no one felt interested and not much response.

Anyway......

The latest update from the Chinese websites are as follows:-

1. He kept his recovery training at Toyota Centre. Most of them are limited to strength and conditioning exercises in the gym: riding the bicycles, doing weight lifting.
    2. He could not jump yet, so he could not practice his jump shots; but he no longer needs to shoot by sitting in a chair pushed around by Tom Thibodeau. He can now practice shooting by standing still.
    3. His current plan is to return to China right after the NBA Final, which will be basically right after June 22, if the Final will be extended to a 7-game series.
    4. The Chinese national team will be travelling to Italy and France for a series of exhibition matches right after June 23. But Yao Ming will stay behind in Beijing and Anthony Falsone, who is currently in Beijing as the strength and conditioning coach for the national team, will stay behind to assist Yao Ming in his recovery training.

18. prv1981

prv1981 Contributing Member

thanks pryuen, your posts are always appreciated. Personally I have no other way to cure my offseason Rox fix than listening to these updates along with the draft news. Hoping for a healthy 06-07, GO ROCKETS!!!!
    :)

19. m_cable

Of course we're still interested in your updates. It's just that there hasn't been that much news from Yao to discuss lately. It's gotten so bad around here that we've been reduced to debating whether Sina would stoop to photoshopping an utterly innocuous photo in some bizarre conspiracy.

20. C-Kompii

C-Kompii Member

Just so that you know, I am interested and I read every update.

Thanks for sharing and your translations! :)

-G'day-