1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

running the other way

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rodrick_98, Jun 1, 2006.

?

read the post.

1. yes

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. no

16 vote(s)
    88.9%
  1. rodrick_98

rodrick_98 Contributing Member

i'm starting this new thread/poll because it has nothing to do with the story here - http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=113334&page=1 - but there are some posts in there that lead me to this question:

if bush had run as a democrat, would he have been elected?

the quick response is easily no for many of his social views, also his economic policy isn't democrat either, but he hardly resembles a true republican, so if he had run on the other ticket, with say a john edwards or joe liberman vp, could he have been elected?

2. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

he might of well have run under the Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei

3. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Bush beats Goldwater in 2000. He would not win the Democratic primary in 2004.

4. langal

langal Contributing Member

Assuming he somehow gets through the primaries...

I suppose it depends on who the Republicans had slated against him. But most probably not. I don't his conservative social values would garner him enough to carry the South. Without the South, he would have no chance.

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Is this a trick question? Besides being what this agnostic might describe as the Anti-Christ, George W. Bush is the Anti-Democrat. To compare him to Democratic Presidents or Democrats running for President, is nonsense, and has been since the early 1930's.

In my opinion. :)

Keep D&D Civil.

6. rodrick_98

i assure you this is no trick question... all of the answers have been pretty much what i was looking for, i just wasn't sure because a)he is nothing like what i voted for b)most of his appointees have and are questionable (not that that only dems choose bad appointees)

#6 rodrick_98, Jun 1, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2006
  7. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

Bush can be considered a Democrat. He's been constantly throwing money at problems hoping it solves them.

8. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Bush and the Democratic party sucks!...

9. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member

When I saw the title of this thread I thought it might be about Monty Python's The Holy Grail. You know, running away from the killer bunny.

10. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

That's not a purely Democratic feature considering how much spending went up under Reagan too while Clinton cut spending.

11. rodrick_98

i dont like derailing threads, but i started this one so here goes... these have to be my 2 favorite parts of that movie.

#11 rodrick_98, Jun 2, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2006
  12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

:D

Now that is funny!

13. cson

cson Contributing Member

Bush wins as a democrat if the republicans run a tomato and insist on pronouncing it "toe/mah/toe." Oh, and t*** McDoogal is his running partner.