1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

XFL: Week3

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Heath, Feb 18, 2001.

1. Heath

Heath Member

------------------
    We can reach our destination, but it's still a ways away.

2. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Heshe stinks........the nfl "gurus" sure missed the boat on this bum !

------------------

3. RENDIGGLER3:20

Looks like I might end up 0-3,Lester with a -4 and no one else producing yet!

Hopefully Fadaways team will let him down and my Corys can come through with some big defensive games!!!

------------------
    President of the why in the Hell isnt Langhi playing club!!!

4. Heath

Heath Member

Matchup week 3: Update prelimenary scores
    1. Hell Cats (2-0) vs 4. Spoilers (2-0)

This game is going down the wire and is at the moment tied 18-18. The recount and defensive players will decide the winner for this one. If Spoilers can pull out the win it will be a small upset as he played the top team in the league with his QB down to injury. Hell Cats might lose this game on leaving WR Charles Jordan (7fp) on the bench.

6. Stars(0-2) vs 5. Maniacs (0-2)
    Another close one as Maniacs have all but made up the deficit from day one with RB James Bostic getting 12 fp. The score is 22-18 Stars. If Maniacs lose this, and they are down at the moment, the GM can only blame himself for going without a starting Off flex while leaving RB Terry Battle and his 18 fp on the bench.

3. Lost Reindeers (2-0) vs 2. Shadow Smashers (2-0)
    Reindeers have a comfortable 25-19 lead and should win this as they are actively seeking to get the kickers 4 FG counted. [​IMG] Smasher have also had all but 1 of his defensive players counted so it would take drastic changes in the recount for them to pull out the win.

7.Rough Necks(0-2) vs 8. Killer-Codfish (0-2)
    GM Ren is not happy about his QB poor effort as Necks yesterday was big favorites to pull this game home. Necks still hold an 8-6 edge but QB Tim Lester could have blown this win with his -4fp if the recount and defensive players goes fadeaways way. Ren have called his players in for extra training, and he should as fadeaway now is favorite to pull of this unexpecting win witha couple more defensive players left to be counted. But all will be decided on the recount so we will know in a few days [​IMG] Rens hope is that fadeway is not know to be stacked with starters or highscorers anywhere on his team.

------------------

5. DAROckets

Quarterback....We dont needs no stinkin quarterback !

------------------

6. DAROckets

I made you an offer for him last week and you never answered me ?
    It sat on the table a couple of days then I withdrew it and I'm glad because I would have lost about 12 points. [​IMG]

------------------

7. Summer Song Giver

DARO you interested in Wally Richardson?

------------------
    I'm worse at what I do best
    And for this gift I feel blessed

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Saw your offer than I forgot about it . Cawley is still up for trade since I have Pawlawski .

------------------
    click here to see a legend

Houston Rockets fun facts
    Kelvin Cato

Enjoys Pretending to lead the league in rebounding and Injuring himself .

9. DAROckets

I think I'll pass on Cawley and Richardson and see if the rest of my team can keep up the nice play until Clements is back.He is said to be improving and was even slotted as the 3rd string QB during the last game.

Don't have any knowledge of Richardson but if Cawley was on my team I'd waive him and start the waterboy.

------------------

10. Heath

Heath Member

Matchup week 3: Final Scores
    1. Hell Cats 28
    4. Spoilers 44

"I need no stinking QB" Space City GM celebrates after pulling out a win against the league top team. Defense won the game for Spoiler who had no points from their first tier offensive players. (All 16 off fp came from flex players). Hell Cats who consistantly have been scoring 50+ points fell down to earth as they could only put up 28 this week. Summer Song will be looking to make a vicious comeback next week as they face Reindeers who have been getting their act together lately.

6. Stars 34
    5. Maniacs 30

Moe's Stars pulled out the win behind good effort from his QB Pawlaski (17fp) and LB James Burgess (11fp). Maniacs is now the best team that has still to win a game, and they should have won this, if they just had played an off flex player. Mainly RB Terry Battle (18fp).

3. Lost Reindeers 61
    2. Shadow Smashers 37

Heaths Lost Reindeers was everything but lost as they pulled out their best performance of the season while playing on of the tops team in the league. In a match where for once the right players was benched for both teams Soth Centrals Shadow Smashers offence fell through. With also the top team in the league going down to Spoilers, Reindeers is now the new #1 team in the league. But next week the previous #1 is on the other side, so we might get a new #1 next week if Spoilers can keep up their QB-less pace.

7. Rough Necks 15
    8. Killer-Codfish 12

Rens Rough Necks survived leaving 15fp in 2 defensive players on the bench to overcome fadeaways Killer-Codfish by 3 measly fp. The Codfish are probably the weakest team in this league and they will have finda a way to make the team stronger to pull out wins in this league.

Week 4 Matchup:
    4. Shadow Smashers (2-1) vs 2. Spoilers (3-0)
    8. Killer-Codfish (0-3) vs 7. Maniacs (0-3)
    3. Hell Cats (2-1) vs 1. Reindeers (3-0)
    5. Stars (1-2) vs 6. Necks (1-2)

Standings:
    #1 Reindeers 3-0 (150fp - 45, 44, 61)
    #2 Spoilers 3-0 (132fp - 51, 37, 44)
    #3 Hell Cats 2-1 (152fp - 69, 55, 28)
    #4 Shadow Smashers 2-1 (134fp - 42, 55, 37)
    #5 Stars 1-2 (87fp - 8, 45, 34)
    #6 Necks 1-2 (55fp - 5, 35, 15)
    #7 Maniacs 0-3 (85fp - 39, 16, 30)
    #8 Killer-Codfish 0-3 (38fp - 12, 14, 12)

We now can see we have some very tight matches in the top as 1 vs 3 and 2 vs 4 both are seperated with 2 fp in favor of 3 and 4.
    Maniacs should beat up on Killer-Codfish, while Stars are small favorites against Necks.

------------------

11. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Anybody want Mike Cawley?

------------------

Kelvin Cato

12. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Yes! my first Win! 34-30 , All thanks to 11 fp from my LB

------------------

Kelvin Cato

13. Summer Song Giver

Yes , thanks Heath

------------------
    I'm worse at what I do best
    And for this gift I feel blessed

14. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Heath is the Man , Gotta Give the Props

------------------

Kelvin Cato

15. DAROckets

Damm Heath you must have a lot of time on your hands.Anyway I for one appreciate the effort.Thanks for the updates.

------------------

16. RENDIGGLER3:20

Yeah,I wished i had you in every Fantasy league Im in!

------------------
    President of the why in the Hell isnt Langhi playing club!!!

17. Heath

Heath Member

Thanks - hope to make it in to the big league next year. [​IMG]

It is fun in the Rocket Red league, but I don't like that we have 3 dead teams out of 10. And playing head to head in XFL is better than going solely on points. I know I did not to so well in the first half of the season - but if it was head to head I belive I should be around .500 (Had a 37fpg average) But now.... I would've been stirring it up - winning week after week... (It's allowed to hope or?) My average is now just passed 40fpg and is still climbing. Think I'm hovering just under 50 a game now to up my average every day. Being 2000 points behind the leaders give me no chance of catching up - but had we been playing head to head and with a bit of luck in the schedule - who knows...

------------------

18. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

REN : I have accepted your offer ,

16525-241 Mike Cawley for Mike Archie , Chris Bayne , If you still want Cawley because i heard they are benching him .

------------------

19. Heath

Heath Member

btw I've also made a trade offer. Fadeaway check your desk.

I've gone trough my roster and I'm pretty deep I think, so I'm in the process of trading some average starters for a better starter - a 2 for 1 dealtype. If you want in on the wholesale give me a beep on my mail, and I think we can make something out. Of course I cant make to many such trades as I then quickly would run out of players.

but if fadeaway doesnt take this deal I'm for the moment shipping WR Kevin Swayne and some of my bench defensive players. If fadeaway takes the deal I will have to see if I can let one more offensive player go or not - but I might be able to ship some defensive players.

------------------