1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

24 - Day 5 (Season 5)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rockets34Legend, Dec 5, 2005.

1. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

The cougar should've killed Kim.

2. candlegreen

candlegreen Contributing Member

** SPECULATIONS AHEAD ***

Speaking of Novik, anyone else gets the suspicion that it might be a bad idea for Martha to bring up what Agent Pierce knows to him? 24 has the tendency for a last episode twist... what if Novik is behind it all?... with the "untouchables." Not a spoiler, purely speculations on my part.

3. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I thought creating a new storyline (Bierko's escape) in the final hours was unnecessary unless the search discovers evidence against Logan.

I wonder if the Logan storyline will continue to next season.

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It allows Henderson to make a dying declaration of the President's overlords....

5. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

24 ... in China? :eek:

6. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

When the Asian "agent" said "you have a call from your daughter", I turned to my wife and said "The Chinese got him"

It had to happen. Nice ending.

This has spy exchange written all over it.

7. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

disappointed with the ending but still a great season. so how does jack bauer get out this pickle

8. halfbreed

Curtis to the rescue.

9. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

The finale was very weak until the end. Mike Novak and Martha grinning when the Marshalls came to take Logan away was a bit cheesy. I was ready to give up until Jack got kidnapped, tortured and taken to a ship all in 5 minutes. They're really ignoring the real time aspect.

You do not cross Counsel Han.

10. halfbreed

I disagree. I loved seeing Mike and Martha smile at the weasel.

11. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

yep, the smile has "OWNED" written all over it.

12. Outlier

Outlier Member

13. Astro101

Astro101 Member

Incredible stuff. Poor Audrey though. I really feel sorry for her.

Jet Li and Jackie Chan need to guest star as agents. MAKE IT SO, 24!

14. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Wow! The only way to top this season was one way and way only: 24 in China!

We're going to China boys! WOOOOHOOOOO! :cool:

Can't wait for next season, I think it has potential to be the best yet.

I loved that line about how China "has a long memory", is that guy from a diplomatic mission or an underground criminal mastermind? Well, I guess he could be both.

But yah, the second Jack was drugged I knew it was the Chinese, no ifs or buts about it, and that was a GREAT ending to the entire season, you can't top that as an advertisement for next season as well, they now know for a FACT that they got '24' followers already anticipating the next season.

I wonder if Yao will make a guest appearance for next season...

15. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

I want them to put Jack on some island like prison in the South China Sea where his captors enter him into an underground martial arts tournament. Jack will have to fight challengers in a makeshift arena. One guy would battle Jack with Karate. Another with monkey kung fu. Then a sumo. And perhaps Bolo could make an appearance...

16. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Not my favorite season finale by any means, but the whole twist with the Chinese makes me totally giddy. Im glad the writers brought this aspect back into the picture now that Jack was exposed.....

A few questions:

How the hell did they get on the ship so fast?

What the hell happened to the dude in charge of Logan?

Exciting and different season next year. Cant wait until 2007!!

17. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Aw, man. I was hoping it was Behrooz who drugged Bauer. That would have been priceless. :) The final plot twist was par for the course, when considering that every other season ender was also a sort of "downer." Glad to see them keep with tradition. All in all, a good season. Bravo, FOX.

Coming in January 2007: The Jack Bauer Power Hour goes on an international tour... OF MULTI-CULTURAL ASSKICKING!

"There's no time! Damnit!" Ugh-plop. Ugh-plop. Ugh-plop. Ugh-plop...

18. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

As long as I don't have to see Chloe anymore, I don't care where the next season takes place. But there are going to be problems if it takes place in China, like how can he talk to anyone.

19. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I can see why people don't like Chloe, but I actually don't mind her. It's time to find Jack a new woman though...the woman who plays Audrey is a terrible actor and annoys the hell out of me.

Jack was extra badass tonight with the killing of Henderson and the scene with Logan trying to get the confession.

20. TeXaSalsa

TeXaSalsa Contributing Member

I posted this on orangebloods if anyone follows that but wanted to share my toughts here as well..

The finale in my opinion was amazing. I give it a solid A because there were so many scenes that just were astounding..

none so more than the final confrontation of Jack/Henderson. As lame as it sounds, I definitely imagined star wars of a master/apprentice final faceoff. Peter Weller was magnificent in this scene, especially with the line of him realizing the apprentice has passed the master with, "good for you." .. unbelievable scene, and the intensity and coldness of jack shooting him down was astounding.

the scene of logan's silence in the car being driven away was also amazing.. definitely felt like watching Nixon. and really, the season dealing with Palmer's death brought the entire season full circle.

you would have to think Logan made arrangements with the Chinese with the line, "he'll be taken care of"

while the "reluctance to kill" was a little contrived from the sailor, it added a touch of realism of whats required to kill someone

the final scene with aaron pierce and martha.. not kissing.. but embracing.. powerful.

mike novick's smirk as logan is caught.. awesome.

seeing martha lose it as palmer's casket is brought out.. and the guns firing as logan is walked off.. was great acting.

really, while some people might complain that this might be contrived, he could have called them hours ago. some people act like they showed up out of no where, but in my opinion this ball was rolling quite a while ago.

the final scene was devastating. the smoke, the bleakness of the room, perfect atmosphere, and the look on Jack's face as Cheng Zi coldly and proudly asserted China's long memory.. just so intense, so bleak, and the symbolism of the ship was great.

i guess yes, the timing was off the last 10 minutes, and that it was so sudden, but i really liked it. i think it sets up S6 perfectly. also liked the symbolism of jack never actually talking to his daughter or being able to connect... and audrey seeing the phone and figuring out what was going on.