1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Dynamo vs. F*C* Dallas

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by DrLudicrous, May 3, 2006.

1. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

The Canon is ours!

[​IMG]

FC Dallas:

[​IMG]

2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

awesome.

we beat Dallas.

I meant to watch the game, but got sidetrack/forgot.

F*C* Dallas goes down!

3. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

What a great game 4-3 with a 3-0 Dynamo lead in the first half. Over 21,000 in attendance and fairly loud atmosphere. There was even a fight where two dumbasses were arrested and half the section kicked out for yelling and throwing paper at the cops (damm people are stupid). Oh well, nice end to end action.

Anyone know why the Dallas keeper was complaining to the ref after houston's first goal (the long shot)?

4. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

I was there and boy am I glad Houston won after I took a beating at the race track, anyway as far as that goal maybe he was covering up for his blown save.

BTW, the 1836 seems to really be a talented offensive team but they seem to have lapses on d and the Houston keeper does not look like he is an elite goaltender IMO.

5. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

Elite? He's the best. Onstad was the 2005 MLS Goalkeeper of the year......FC Dallas is a great team. And that's what great teams do; they score. I wouldn't say the cannon is ours. We play FC Dallas again on Saturday in Big D, then home on Aug. 12 and again on Sept. 2 in Dallas. Hopefully, by then, the cannon will be officially ours.

6. rocketball8

rocketball8 Contributing Member

It was a very good and entertaining game to watch. As a FC Dallas fan I was hoping that we could have came back and tied the game however that fourth goal was a killer. You win some you lose some.

As far as the goalie on the first goal: from watching the game on tv it appears he was arguing for offside. There is a Houston player in an offside position and looks to hinder the vision of the keeper. I think that might be what he is complaining about. From a sideline view showed on tv the Houston player is in fact offside and appears that maybe he was making an attempt on the ball that would have made him offside. However, I could'nt tell for certain.

Anyway, Houston got the win and I will have to wait for the rematch. So congrats to the Dynamo of the first win in the history of the intra-state match-ups. It appears that the two teams might form quite a rivalry with all the physical play occuring last night.

7. Rockets10

Rockets10 Contributing Member

I'm just really happy that good crowds continue to show up to the games. Who knows whether it can last, but I sure hope so. What obviously helps is that the team keeps winning and playing an entertaining style of soccer.

People who are even remotely interested in the sport should really get out to see a game live - there is so much more energy in the stands than regular season Rockets and Astros games right now.

8. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

What a great way to start the rivalry. Now to see how we play without Ching.

I can't wait for the bus trip up to Dallas next week.

9. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

Thanks, that makes sense because he was pointing to his eyes when yelling at the sideline ref.

10. Den

Den Member

It's awesome attending a Dynamo game...along with the Rockets, they're my favorite Houston sports team...the crowd is always electric and the team puts on a great show... :cool:

11. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

12. FrancisFan3

FrancisFan3 Member

The rematch at Dallas will be on ESPN2, 3pm Saturday. This is also the Dynamo's first game on national television.

13. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

I got home Saturday in time to see th every end of the game. What surprised me though, was when I turned on my TV. My TIVO guide had the game listed as "FC Dallas @ Houston 1836". I sure hope those in the hispanic community that were offended by the name don't use TIVO. :)

edit: for the record here is the listing for the upcoming game.
    Link Here

#33 Castor27, May 10, 2006
    Last edited: May 10, 2006
  14. DrLudicrous

Thanks for posting that, DeRo's second goal was a thing of beauty.

I need to learn Spanish so I can listen to their commentary, they sound so much more enthusiastic about it.

15. DrLudicrous

I figured I'd just bump this thread instead of starting a new one.

We play them again tomorrow at 3 PM in Dallas, it will be shown on ESPN2 and is Houston's first nationally televised game.

We'll be playing our first game without Ching, Dallas played on Wednesday and one of their defenders got a red card and will miss the game.

There's about 50 of us driving/bussing up for the game so there should be decent support for Houston.

16. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Sweet stuff, Dr L.

Dang it, I wished I wasn't this busy so I could just jump on the bus wagon with you all and go cheer my ORANGE MACHINE on... :(

GO DYNAMO!

p.s. I will try to post some more highlights if TV Reforma 43 has the game.

17. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

Ruiz is a thug. They should have tossed him for hitting Serioux after the goal.

18. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

Ruiz is a piece of sh*t.

19. RocketFan007

What a great interview by manager Dominic Kinnear.

20. RocketFan007

We're really missing Ching's aerial pressence already.

De Rossario just got hurt and can hardly put any weight on his left foot. That's the one guy we can not afford to lose with Ching gone.