1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thank You Kubiak!!!Super Mario Love Thead!!

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by TheDynastyInMs, Apr 28, 2006.

1. TheDynastyInMs

I've been wanting super mario for awhile, I'm really stoked that we got him. Reggie Bush reminds me too much of warrick dunn. You win championships in the trenches. I'm so glad that Kubiak and company said that basically we are not going to take who everyone thinks we should take(fans) and build a freakin football team. The only bad side to taking mario williams #1 tommorow is that we probably won't be picking so high next year now, like we would if we would had takin bush.

2. WizzyWig

WizzyWig Member

Dude...hope your ready to get hated on.

3. tigereye

tigereye Member

Not by me.....he's only gonna get love.

I believe in this team........Front office says Mario is the pick, I say god speed.

Go TEXANS

And furthermore, I hope this is Houston's version of Philly's moment when they drafted Donovan McNabb ahead of Ricky Williams and the town nearly rioted.

Those Philly fans are happy with that choice the Eagles front office made now.

4. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Ricky Williams was/is a weirdo.

Bush and VY are not.

5. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

6. xlr817

xlr817 Member

No HATE here, I like Super Mario! 6' 7'' 290 runs a 4.7/40 lean & mostly muscle with a long wing-span! :eek: I dream of him pummeling the opposing QB's often becuz the Texans will turn him LOOSE! :) he's also good in both run & pass D!

7. Fegwu

Kubiak, Cass, McNair....

[​IMG]

Bring on Peyton Manning.

8. tigereye

tigereye Member

But back then, none of us ever thought of Ricky Williams as a wierdo.

I dont think Vince will ever follow R. Williams path....but who's to say Bush wont.

9. CreepyFloyd

CreepyFloyd Member

This is gonna be one lonely thread

10. Agent27

Agent27 Member

No hate here.

There's no sure thing in this draft (except for maybe DaBrick). All the top prospects have loads of talent and some serious questions. Can Bush be an everydown back? Does Leinart have enough arm strenght? Can VY fix his mechanics or is he smart enough to run an NFL offence? Can Mario be consistent and not take plays off?

I see no problem in taking someone who is regarded as the best defensive player in the draft #1. It's not a "sexy" pick but who freakin' cares. All that matters is that we took the best player for us. And, despite the hype over Bush and Young, Mario was the number one player on A LOT of draft boards.

11. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

Wrong. I, and others, though Ricky Williams was a complete flake while he was at UT. Fortunately, VY is no Ricky Williams. I don't think Bush is either.

12. Fegwu

Don't bet on it. :)

I am assuming you learnt something from the Absolutely Bush prediction.

13. bjo

bjo New Member

one thing bothers me about mario, where has he been the past 3 years? If he was that good, don't you think that we would have at least heard about him before 2 weeks ago? Why didn't he get nominated for any awards or at least ESPN Gameday pieces? He seemed to underachieve in college against weak competition, what makes people think he can dominate against NFL linemen?

14. tigereye

tigereye Member

Well apparently, all of Philadelphia, PA didnt agree with you at the time.

Did you not see that draft....I thought some of those Eagle fans were gonna jump out the stands and murder McNabb at that moment.

Now, they love Donovan F. McNabb.

15. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

One thing is for sure, we have a better chance of beating Indy with Mario than with Bush. Manning blows when he gets pressured.

16. twoface723

twoface723 Member

Mario Williams takes off on plays and we chose him.

I'm a hater ;)

17. Fegwu

The problem with him was that he was not on a sexy football team or program.

This is not new in the NFL or NBA. Players always come from nowhere in every draft and shoot to the top.

18. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Contributing Member

One positive I have seen from all of Mario's NC State footage....though he does not always get to the QB in time...he definetly pressures the QB into making rushed throws and in the NFL, that leads to easy picks.
    He also puts the QB on his back a lot.

If this was a Kubiak call...then I'm all for it.
    If it was a Casserly call, then I'm pissed.

19. insane man

insane man Member

love it. would have loved it more if we could trade down to 4th and pick up either him or dbrick. but i'll take it.

20. tigereye

tigereye Member

According to Casserly and ESPN.....

IT WAS KUBIAK'S CALL.