1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Fox 26) Texans reached verbal agreement w/ Williams

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by candlegreen, Apr 28, 2006.

?

What is your reaction?

1. BIG Mistake to pass up on Bush!!

143 vote(s)
    41.9%
  2. Split feeling

51 vote(s)
    15.0%
  3. Mario William is the right choice

52 vote(s)
    15.2%
  4. Should have traded down if we were not going to draft Bush

95 vote(s)
    27.9%
  1. derrock

derrock Contributing Member

I don't agree. Check out the draft positions of last years pro bowl RBs compared to DEs:

Player-Round-Pick
    Edgerrin James, IND-1-4
    Larry Johnson, KC-1-27
    LaDainian Tomlinson, SD-1-5
    Shaun Alexander, SEA-1-19
    Tiki Barber, NYG-2-6
    Warrick Dunn, ATL-1-12
    Average: 1st Round 12th Pick

Dwight Freeney, IND-1-11
    Derrick Burgess, OAK-3-1
    Jason Taylor, MIA-3-13
    Julius Peppers, CAR-1-2
    Michael Strahan, NYG-2-11
    Osi Umenyiora, NYG-2-24
    Average: 2nd Round 10th Pick

2. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

wow, just wow. who could have expected this? i was really looking forward to Bush running rampant in the field. Kubiak must really be seeing things outside the box. i hope he knows what he's doing. If it's Williams, so be it. Go Texans.

3. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Man, I'm so depressed. I was really looking forward to watching the draft tomorrow, but now I don't think I can stomach it.

4. macalu

trust me, as soon as the team is winning everyone will be a fan again.

5. CreepyFloyd

CreepyFloyd Member

I'm not really a football fan either, but I am a fan of Houston sports teams in general...I'm a casual football fan at best and I'm going to the draft tomorrow here in NYC and I expected to see the Texans take Bush and I was even holding on to some unrealistic hopes that they would take VY, but Mario Williams....WTF???...I was actually excited to watch the Texans this year and now this...What's with Houston pro football teams and choking?

6. bigben998

bigben998 Member

I am totally in shock right now, this isnt happening, and for all you rationalizing guys up there( mario is a great pick, yeah offense is the sexy pick but, blah blah blah) just shut up man. Dont come in here and try to rationalize this S#@* to me. Mario is a beast of a player, but can you honestly tell me that one man on one side of the defensive line is going to impact our team like a player like bush would. Bush = instant offense. Bush can do anything, its almost like giving up 3 players for one. Do you know how easy its going to be for other teams to just double team Mario all day long. There is no other threat on the rush, NONE. If Travis Johnson would live up to his potential maybe, and if big bear can get going maybe, but kasjfopiawejvf i cant talk aobut his anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

7. xlr817

xlr817 Member

If the Texans did this, another team like NO would take him, they are NO fools! Alot of NFL scouts are very high on Super Mario! I like BUSH but the deed is done. You gotta trust Kubes & Co. to make the right decision! Also, many teams (or none) didn't want to trade for the 1st pick, I wonder why?!

8. omar23

omar23 Member

Words cannot describe how pissed off I am. This is an absolute disgrace, and the type of thing that is typical of the Texans. Only the crappy Texans could screw up a #1 pick THIS BAD. Fans seriously need to boycott the games next year- show the Texans that we cannot stand for moves like this. I want to see 60-70% of that stadium empty-- BOYCOTT :mad: !

9. bigben998

bigben998 Member

No doubt dude, i am irate right now, but it will take me at least an entire season to get over this, and it will take that long for this man to make that much of an impact, we will see dude, we will see. I hope all of you backing up mario have seen the interview where he admit he doesnt work hard on every play, takes some plays off, only started working hard at the end of the season to get his stock up. :mad: :mad:

10. noscrusir

noscrusir Contributing Member

WTF... the only redeeming part of last year was the chance to draft Reggie Bush.. and after the Rose Bowl, Vince Young would have been a suitable choice as well...

BUT now we're stuck with Mario "Sam Bowie" Williams :eek:

11. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

Am I the only one thinking Aundray Bruce right now?????

12. macalu

i guess this means 90% of Texan fans are gone now.

13. bigben998

bigben998 Member

One fact about the Texans, One of the top 5 teams in gross income, one of the top 5 in ticket sales. Our front office is filled with a bunch of fat egotistical rich mother F##*@$, who have no respect for the city of houston. This abomination show a complete lack of respect for the fans, and i believe they deserve to feel the wrath of the fans, who really control the fate of this football team. If you dont do it for the fans, then get the F*#@ OUT!!!!

14. derrock

derrock Contributing Member

or Courtney Brown, the last #1 DE taken.

15. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

Let's hope he can do a lot of this next year:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. bigben998

bigben998 Member

Because they couldnt, not because they didnt want to, the draft picks are on a value system, there is almost no way any team could afford to get our pick this year, lets say the value of the #1 pick is 3000, the Value of the #2 pick is 2400, and so on, you have to have picks to match up to that value, and no one could do it, i hate uneducated accusations :mad: :mad: and i dont trust kubes and co. i dont know him yet

17. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

I remember in a story that the head coach of NC State found this guy by accident. He was a B-ball player 1st. Anyway, he was a 4* ranked 3rd in N. Carolina behind Chris Leak and Mike Mason. He enrolled early (2003) which means he finished HS early which means he has some smarts. He should be about 20-21 yrs since he came out early. Looks like a late bloomer who struck while the iron was hot and made himself eligible for the draft. Who knows what ungodly numbers he would have had his senior year.

I'd like to think the Reggie750K fans and VY fans can reconcile. But lets be honest, it won't. It will reignite itslef again. Whether it's Justin Blalock or Dwayne Jarret next year, Frank Okam or Sam Baker in 2008, and especially Jevean Snead or Mark Sanchez in 2009.

PS. I am laughing so hard right know. What a joke on you Reggie750K fans.

#337 percicles, Apr 28, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2006
  18. bigben998

bigben998 Member

And about the highlights i have seen the same highlights over and over again from about 3 different games, thats it, he didnt turn it on till the end of the season, a;ksdfpoahfpewiog

19. jtotheb

jtotheb Contributing Member

So sad. Here's a thought...it's done...get over it. Sit back and watch it all unfold. You never know...those fat, egotistical, rich motherf##*@$ just might know a little more about football than you.

20. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

new cba. Signing bonuses can only be prorated over a 5 year span as opposed to 7.