1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Nuggets] Martin Suspended

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rhadamanthus, Apr 26, 2006.

1. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Other high-dollar contracts in the "dump if possible" pile:
    • Jalen Rose
      Chris Webber
      Starbury
      Grant Hill
      Steve Francis
      Baron Davis
      Eddie Jones
      Adoynal Foyle
      Mike Dunleavy
      Austin Croshere
      Antoine Walker
      Darius Miles
      Zach Randolph
      Theo Ratliff
      Carlos Boozer
      Kwame Brown
    These guys aren't neccessarily bad apples or viable trade options, but are paid well out of proportion of the salaries, and would come somewhat close to making the dollars work. A lot of bad contracts out there.

Evan

2. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

Strike 1 - Terrible Attitude
    Strike 2 - Terrible Contract
    Strike 3 - Terrible Knees

That's all I need to know to make me stay far far away from him. I'd take Juwan any day of the week over KMart just based on attitude alone.

Sorry Nuggets4, I can't imagine what it's like having a player you hate so much on your team! It's good to have at least one or two players with that "bad boy" mentality on your team (aka Bob Sura), but when they treat their teammates as bad as they do their opponents...you know something is very wrong!

Pugs

3. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Well - those stats match up well with putback dunks. Which is about all KM does.

4. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

If the Nuggets can't dump his contract and bad knees, they are screwed for a long time... very very long time. This is great for us. The Nuggets were said to be the up-and-coming teams in the west. However, the horrible signing of Martin puts a huge dent in their salary cap. They could have signed a stud with all that money and team up with Carmelo as the cornerstone of their franchise. Now, they are screwed. Their GM Kiki made a tremendous mistake in signing Martin instead of Ginobli. There is no way I would throw the max at a 17/9 guy with a bad attitude even when healthy. Manu would have been a perfect fit for them as a starting 2. Since the signing, the Nuggets have been in a forever quest to find a quality 2.

Did I say they are screwed?

5. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

Remember after K-Mart signed with the Nuggets that everyone (including Jason Kidd) was pointing the finger at the Nets owner over the "mistake" he made in letting him walk? It's amazing how the worm turns.

6. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

As long as Isiah Thomas is a GM, I'm not panicking.

7. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

If K-Mart made Artest money (somewhere in the $6-7 million range) then it might have been worth it for us to take a chance on him and his bad knees.