1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tyrus Thomas, Rudy Gay both to announce they're going pro

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Clutch, Apr 17, 2006.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Gay to declare for draft today
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/basketball/ncaa/04/17/gay.declares.ap/index.html

LSU's Thomas to turn pro
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/luke_winn/04/17/lsu.draft/index.html

Interesting that "Big Baby" Davis is staying. For Joakim Noah followers, I thought it was interesting that Tyrus Thomas is going pro after he said this earlier:

"Somebody had to lose, and I never thought it would be us, but there's an upside to this. We'll be in Atlanta next year [at the Final Four] -- and we'll win it."

Classic case of the "euphoria" talking for the prospect at the time, while reality sinks in later.

2. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Morrison is set to declare as well.

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Yay! More good players declare, now, please :cool:

4. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

what a suprise

5. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

if noah declares, then it'll be news that'll help us for real..

6. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Ya, I'm still hoping he'll change his mind like the UNC boys did last year.

7. Live

Live Member

No, Noah has to stay in school. In no way is he ready for the NBA right now.

Can you say Tyson Chanlder Part Deux?

8. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Well in all fairness, even if he does become then next Tyson Chandler is that really a bad thing?

Sure he has underachieved, but he's still a solid rebounder, shot blocker and overall defender. Granted, thats not all of what you expect from a former #2 overall pick but that is what some teams need from their big men.

Noah's draft stock will never be higher than it is now. He has an outside chance of being the #1 overall pick whereas there's absolutely no chance of that happening next year with Oden.

9. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Thanks for the info CLUTCH!

Just wondering who do you think going to be the best player in this years draft? Who would you pick for with the #pick? For the Rockets or otherwise if the answer is different.

I really have no clue who that best player is this year. Heck I know I really have no clue because I keep thinking Morrison... yeah I know. For tthe Rockets I guess I'd take Gay, but I wouldnt bet he will be better than Roy or Carney.

About the only thing I'm sure of is that JJReddick is gonna be at best a good bench player.