1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is it time to rest Yao now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by canoner2002, Apr 9, 2006.

Tags:
  1. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

If you want wins instead of losses, you are stupid!

2. canoner2002

He is regressing.

3. choujie

choujie Member

I want them to play like professionals. I don't believe in 1 or 2 ping pong balls can make Rockets a championship team, especially in this weak draft. With 1 or 2 more ping pong balls, you get what? 1% or 2% more chace to get a certain player? Plus giving the Rockets scouting recourd, I don't think it makes you that "smart" for tanking.

If tanking is all "smart" people do to ordinary fans, fans will make those people look silly eventually.

4. canoner2002

1 or 2 more ping pong balls? Had we lost the three games we won and lose the games left, we would be #6, which gives us a 10.6% odd to land #1 pick. Right now, we are at the risk of passing Seattle and Sonics, maybe even sixers, and finish #12, which gives us a 0.9% odd. Watching JVG lately I believe that where he is headed.

The chance of landing #1 pick put aside, several slots even in a weak draft make a big difference.

Are you so stupid not to see this is a big deal? It is worth a lot more than your so-called hollow professionalism.

5. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

canoner2002, take a chill pill and a couple of deep breaths. You are out of control. I suggest you lose the word stupid or please go and hide in D&D.

6. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

resting him for 5 games wont make any difference to what he'll do next year

7. choujie

choujie Member

I don't know who is going to be the real fool in the end. You think you are "smart" by tanking in a weak draft? Look at year 2000 and 2001, most 2 recent weak drafts. Players drafted after 15 are just as good as players drafted 1-14, or even better. That's the definition of weak draft, even if you drafted a player, you don't know if he's gonna be better than the one drafted a couple spots later.

Sto was picked #2, don't you want a Redd instead ? Rockets got #7 on Griffen in exchange of 3 later 1st round pickes, you "smart" people can't see what happened?

There is a difference between "stupid" and "loser", I'd rather see players try their best, give all they have and be called "stupid" than "smart" guys without profesionalism, establish loser mentality, eventually shoot themselves in the foot.

8. sabonis

sabonis Contributing Member

At least this thread is a little better-timed than your last one, seeing as we no longer fighting for the playoffs, but are instead fighting for better lottery position.... still, tanking the season and sitting Yao the rest of the way isn't going to happen. I can see sitting him a game or two, but Yao and Van Gundy have too much pride to call it a season in the way you suggest.

Stuart

9. choujie

choujie Member

JVG won't tank, it does nothing good to tank for a coach, the more losses, the easier to get fired.

Yao won't tank. He hates losing and he has a chance at all NBA first team.

Other players shouldn't tank. What's good for them to get a potential higher pick and get themselves out of rotation?

GMs might tank, even though most of the time they still pick the wrong guy in the end.

10. michellexiao

michellexiao Contributing Member

Agreed. Time to rest canoner2002!

11. canoner2002

We had no chance of getting into playoff when I post the suggestion the first time. Mathematically we were not eliminated, but there was NO chance whatsoever given how Kings are playing and how bad our roster is. So we won three MEANINGLESS games, and we may end up #12 in the draft instead of #6. And people simply refuse to see it because they are stubborn to admit they were wrong.

80% of suggestions post on this board won't be adopted by JVG. Why don't we just stop posting then?

12. canoner2002

if you don't find my posts worth reading then please put me on your ignored list. I am putting you on mine because I am not wasting my time on your posts.

13. choujie

choujie Member

Calm down, man. No need to be so upset. That could very well be a joke based on your threat title. At least I see a sense of humor in it.

You have your opinion, others have theirs, no big deal. After all, it's not up to us, GMs, JVG and the players will decide what to do.

14. canoner2002

so we should just stop posting, right? you arguement against me in latest posts were simply based on "they won't do what you suggest". Then why don't you just sit back, never post, and watch CDm JVG run the show?

And you suggesting a lower pick may be more valuable than a higher pick was simply ridiculous. Why haven't I seen any team voluntarily trade down their picks without asking something else then? Please take your arguement to Cluth's thread and see how he reponds you.

#54 canoner2002, Apr 10, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2006
  15. choujie

choujie Member

You may post as much as you want. My suggestion is in a relaxed way, not in an upset way. It's not worth it to lose your coolness just because other people don't agree with you.

Again, it's up to you.

16. choujie

choujie Member

Clutch responded to me? That's some news.

17. canoner2002

he has a thread "loss all the games left" or something like that. Go tell him we are better off with the #12 pick than the #6 pick because we may get better player with the #12 pick.

See how Cluth and most rational people react to that.

18. thetennisyao

thetennisyao Member

let him get 1400 points first, so his stat can count for the season. I think the business is dead for this year, we only have 3 home games left.

19. canoner2002

I mean to say your arguing AGAINST a higher pick with above statements was nothing short of stupid.

You ALWAYS want prefer a higher pick, ALWAYS!

20. canoner2002

I'd rather have the 6th pick which was in grab had we taken Yao out of the season two weeks ago.