1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Noah, Brewer, Horford all returning to Florida

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Gatorfan76, Apr 7, 2006.

1. Gatorfan76

Gatorfan76 Contributing Member

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/ncaa/

Well, I guess this debate is moot since Noah will be coming back to UF for his junior season as well as Horford and Brewer.

Its odd since it seems the kids who had a strong tournament are deciding to come back to school while kids who had a weak tournament are going pro like Boone from UConn and Rondo from Kentucky.

2. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Huge blow to the Rockets/NBA Draft if Noah really does stay ... any top 8-10 player that pulls out weakens the value of our pick.

We'll have to see what Noah says after the championship hangover passes and advisors all over remind him of Greg Oden in 2007.

3. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

Bad news for the rockets draft

4. bplld

bplld Contributing Member

****, the rockets better end up with a high pick or this dismal year will go to complete waste. Not only will we miss teh playoffs, the draft will be horrible. I say trade our ****in pick for a pick in next years draft or somethin.

5. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Billy D is paying them well in in Gainesville.

You better hope that they don't break a leg or anything like that.

6. thetennisyao

thetennisyao Member

wrong choice for him, UCLA will beat them next time.

7. CHC

CHC Member

So maybe we need to tank now and try to get a higher pick! I would love to have Roy! I don't like to tank but don't wanna get our pick wasted!

8. reggietodd

reggietodd Contributing Member

I'm not sold on Noah yet.

9. jeremyang2002

jeremyang2002 Contributing Member

Noah has a very good chance being selected by top 3 maybe 1st.

And he chose to go back to school?

His draft stock wont be higher next year.

10. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

i'm with you buddy.

Dude has one nice run through the final four and all of a sudden he's flat out #1 overall? He had a nice squad with him and UCLA wasn't All world either.

11. Gatorfan76

Gatorfan76 Contributing Member

Well, he had one GREAT run at his first and only run. He was only a back-up last year (played all of 2 minutes ) so that's not his fault.

By the way, everyone was going on and on about UCLA's vaunted defense, how the Gators couldn't score on them and how this was going to be one of the better Finals since the teams were so evenly matched up. Give Florida credit because they made UCLA look bad that night. It doesn't mean UCLA wasn't a good team--I mean they got to the Finals!

#11 Gatorfan76, Apr 8, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2006
  12. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

good choice

those kids need to develop more

draft is going to suck, but hey I'm happy for the kids who decided to stay

13. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Refreshing after the wave of kids coming out early the last few years. Have to credit Noah in particular since his stock was so high to walk away from possible 1st pick money. Kid really strikes me as smart and level headed and I think he will be a sensational pro, look at where his game is at and he's only a sophomore.

14. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

I am also not sold on Noah. Dude has a ugly shot and all his points are on dunks which won't happen in the NBA. He needs to get a lot stronger. I am a big fan of Corey Brewer and Al Horford. I think they both will be good NBA players and solid 1st round picks.

15. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

All the non-tankers look even dumber now. Now the draft could be 6 players deep, with our prideful Rockets holding the 11th pick. Way to go guys, we'll have 34 wins instead of 32, and our rookie next year will be second tier, if that.

Can't wait to see that Mardy Collins defense on the Rockets, or maybe the only PF alive who's slower than Juwan and more foul prone than Swift, Sheldon Williams.

16. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

Noah [especially] make a great choice. For now, he was heading to bustville and I am glad someone from his camp read my posts and relayed the age old wisdom to him.

I'll say he should stay until his senior year.

This is good news for the Rockets as well - the last this we need is for us to stupidly draft that guy after all we have been through.

17. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Didn't Carmelo Anthony and Sean May make the same kind of declarations at this point?

18. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

I think Noah would be a bust at this point. I was not really impressed with his skillset in the tournament. The guy has major intensity, but I did not really see a go to offensive move. He is very fundamentally sound, but would have a problem scoring at the highest levels, IMO.

19. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

This is anything but good news for the Rockets. We weren't going to draft his guy, he is a guarateed Top 5 pick and we'll be lucky to be in the Top 10. With Noah returning, everyone behind him moves up a notch, so we could be picking the BPA even though he may or may not be worthy of the spot we take him.

This is actually bad news for the Rockets, it'll be even worst if guys like Thomas and Aldridge don't declare (even though they will most likely).

20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Noah should really reevaluate this decision - it's hard to imagine his stock getting higher and he's got an NCAA title in his pocket.

He could take a Terrence Morris like tumble next year, simply because people will get bored of him and start to pick apart his game unless he has a dominating season and puts up big #'s - around 20-10 or thereabouts. That's a lot of pressure.

On the other hand - he's having fun in college so it's hard to second guess that.

#20 SamFisher, Apr 8, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2006