1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bush Workout at USC!!

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by RocketFire, Apr 2, 2006.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Yeah I can bench over 300lbs myself and I can't do 225 more than maybe 10-12 times on a good day. Bush can do 400, no problem.

2. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Maybe when they declare, or file for, draft eligibility, they sign a "will take drug tests if asked" form. Can't imagine these guys really see themselves as having enough leverage to refuse a test; would you get smart or difficult during a 3 or 4-month interview for a six- or seven-figure job with, theoretically, the only company in town?

3. JamesC

JamesC Member

I've never benched 300 but I've benched 225 11 times and needed a spot on the 12th. That was from me just playing in the weight room a few times, I havent worked out seriously since high school and that was 6 years ago. I believe Reggie can bench over 400 though.

4. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

of topic but I was in my usually Mercedes Benz website when I bump into this

REGGIE BUSH's new RIDE 2006 MERCEDES CLS55

Reggie Bush's 2006 Mercedes CLS55

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I guess we'll be seeing it in HTOWN SOON!

5. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Damn, that car is absolutely sick.

Regarding Bush, no way you put 225 up 24 times and not bench 400. I'd bet every draft pick the Texans own for the next 20 years.

6. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

To be honest, a lot of the bench press test is stamina. It's not a measure of pure strength, but a more a combination of strength and endurance. At my high point I got 225 up 26 times, but my max was barely over 400 (I think I managed to get my max up to about 415 at one point).

Then I blew my shoulder out (again) and had to stop lifting, but that's neither here nor there.

7. stevel

stevel Contributing Member

Muscular endurance is the ability to repeat work in a given time interval - like doing push ups, BPs, or squats for 1 minute straight. You are correct in your observations about endurance but FB requires a tremendous general level of conditioning, and this is not related to muscular endurance. Longer sprints, rowing, ect.. are sports where ME is more of a factor. It is based on which energy system is being stressed based on the sports work to rest ratio.

8. stevel

See my response above. FB is played only once per week because otherwise the guys that get the most contact would ge beat to absolute s**t.

9. stevel

You could absolutely lose that bet. I have seen lots of guys push 225 20-30 times and not max 4 bills. It is all in how you train your system to work. I do believe Bush does bench at or over 400lbs though.

10. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

[​IMG]

link

I think Bush is LOCKED for #1

11. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

First of all what is a tremendous general level? Shouldn't they cancel out?;)

I realize that you are specialized in this field, so I will try not to get schooled.

How can you possibly say that conditioning is not related to muscular endurance? I coached youth football for many years and am very familiar with conditioning. Conditioning is physical activity. By definition, it is to adapt, modify, or mold so as to conform to an environing culture. In this case - football. Conditioning drills can be specific based on the needs or grouped together. You can condition for hot weather or longevity. My point is that conditioning is an activity. It is the process, not the result, unless you say someone is well conditioned. Endurance is the result. By definition, endurance is the ability to sustain a prolonged stressful effort or activity.

Obvisouly the 2 can go hand and hand.

You can be a well conditioned athlete, but it might not translate into great endurance. However (IMO), you can't have great endurance without a high level of conditioning, be it 1 training activity or many. It just depends on what level of endurance you want to be for the sport and position you compete in.

At least that's the way I always understood it (with the help of Webster's).

I think we're close enough on this one though.