1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WHY did they re-sign Bowen?!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GageD, Apr 1, 2006.

1. JD317

JD317 Member

after hearing about the rockets wasting money on mr. 1.4 ppg i was about to pee on myself.... they couldve used all that money last year to sign Damon Stoudamire.. lol :p

2. drpepper

drpepper Member

The famous quote "Get Riddy of Ruddy" by SF was a real classic and probably my fav.

Clutch, thanks for all the good laughs.

3. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

No kidding, the joke is more on us "vets."

4. cwww

cwww Member

maybe I should have acted like I was caught by the joke as well...

What?!!! 54mil for this guy?? Are you kidding?!! :rolleyes:

5. wuqingsong

wuqingsong Member

:D :D Are you kidding me?!!
    just for fun.... :p

6. Johnny Rocket

Johnny Rocket Contributing Member

I knew it was fake, you just cant trust ESPN.com now if was from ESBN.com that would be a different story.

Clutch I'm really glad to see that you decided to bring this back after a year off.

7. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

I don't know if you guys remember but to me the best joke was the supposed retirement of Dream and Clyde after the end of 1997? I was crying and wrote a whole long post from my itty bitty cubical at this crap job thinking how horrible the job was and how my year just got worse. I remember drying my tears with copying paper!

That one got me really good.

8. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Rookies make life worth living. Its scary how some people have been with us for more than like 4 or 5 years and still fell for this gag. Kudos clutch. Only if the Rockets season was an april fools gag. :(

9. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

The one that got me the best was the Elie/Spurs switchover. At that time I didn't really peruse the board all that often, so I just left pissed off. Decided to check back a few days later and then laughed my ass off.

10. thetennisyao

thetennisyao Member

wow, this is one of the most meaningful posts :p

11. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

You know out of the 450 or so players in the league Rybo is easily in the top 440, well if you don't count the guys with season ending injuries, and the guys under contract who haven't played, and the guys that got sent to the d-league. He's like Dennis Rodman without the defense and rebounding, he's like Craig Hodges without the three point shooting, he's like Manute Bol but much shorter, he's like Chuck Nevitt without the mustache. Another good signing for the Rox....Splash?

12. roxfan123

roxfan123 Member

So an April 1 joke?

13. YallMean

YallMean Member

No. It's a you are fool joke. :)

14. Johnny Rocket

Johnny Rocket Contributing Member

If you had read the other 11 pages in this thread you would already know that. Newbies :rolleyes:

BTW: 17 thousand plus members, wow this site has really grown over the last 6 years. It was nice to see some of these new guys falling for it, I think it helped this year that the links on the story page actually worked instead of going to a page that said "Happy April Fools Day".

15. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

There are some fairly senior members who tried to spoil it. For shame! Wnes, yeah, I'm talking to you.