1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kareem Rush

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rikesh316, Apr 1, 2006.

1. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

I take him over freakin' Bowen every single day.

2. HI Mana

HI Mana Member

Ah, but I doubt we're going to waive Bowen anytime soon. Not only does he have another guaranteed year on his contract, but you don't waive a guy who's been in your system for two years, in the NBA for seven, and seems like the absolute perfect 15th man who should get as much playing time as Paul Shirley did when he played on the Suns. Honestly, Bowen strikes me as a really good practice player; annoying, hard working, and with a great motor. The last man on the roster, whether in high school, college, or the NBA, should always be the hardest worker, the most coachable; because that's probably the only reason they're there.

We should be more concerned with finding people to put in front of Bowen, rather than getting rid of him for next year. At least until his contract is up. Then all bets are off, and if Morey re-signs him, I'm going to seriously question his statistical models.

3. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

He was cut by the Bobcats, the Bobcats...for not giving maximum effort.

4. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Because he sucks? Have you even watched him play or are you just looking at his height and 3pt percentages? He's also a huge ******* from what I've heard.

5. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

i'd take him and see what he can do. he at least has some length and a decent shot

6. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

that's not a good enough reason not to bring him in for the rest of the season. what, he's gonna ruin our chemistry and knock us out of the playoffs? right.. he's shown some flashes. see if jvg and co. can get him to put out more effort

7. Rocket_Boy_34

Rocket_Boy_34 Member

Heh. Wonderfully put.

8. MrButtocks

Ok, so let's waste our time by signing players that have no place on this roster next year. Give complete losers an audition like Eddie Robinson and Jahidi White while we're at it. Anybody know Christian Laettner's number? What do we have to lose, right?

All Rush has is a shot. And it's not even consistent. If one of his hot streaks is what you call a flash, then you should see the rest of his game. Doesn't pass, doesn't defend, doesn't rebound, doesn't dribble, doesn't attack, doesn't hustle, and doesn't get along with his teammates. The bobcats cut him for pete's sake. But hey, let's get that trash on our roster.

I guarantee that anyone who wants to take a flier on this guy has barely seen him play. Maybe a game or two when his shot was on, but that's it.

9. xcomputerman

xcomputerman Contributing Member

Btw, April Fools on the SR610 rumor.

10. smthho

smthho Member

another "Eddie Griffin"

11. E.J. Tucker

E.J. Tucker Contributing Member

Yep, I will take a flier on Rush. I watched him play for four years while he was at MU and he has a geat shot when he is set, not good at getting his own shot. We do still have Yao, don't we?? He played well while at the Lakers and you base your opinion on what a coach and GM says [How many teams in the nba give one person that much power?].

As for the rebounding, dribbling, hustle, and getting along with teammates, lets see a link to that information, so we do have to to take your word since I think you are full of sh*t.

#31 E.J. Tucker, Apr 1, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2006
  12. compucomp

compucomp Member

I see nothing wrong with taking a flier on Rush. If he sucks, don't resign him for next year. If he shows something good, then keep him. Besides, if he sucks shouldn't all of you "tank the season to get a high" people be happy? And if he's good the "let's win as much as possible" people will be happy.

13. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Yeah, sorry but the reasons you guys have given for not taking him on for the remainder of the season are pretty weak.

OBVIOUSLY the guy had troubles in Charlotte or he wouldn't have been waived. Are you trying to tell me that every player who has ever had problems with one team wasn't able to catch on and "get it right" with another club?

We would be signing him for the rest of the season. TEN F'ING GAMES!!! You guys act like we're saying we should blow the MLE on an NBDL scrub with the mental stability of Ron Artest. The worst that could come of giving Rush an audition pales in comparison to the best that could come of it, and you all know that.

If you don't, you're blind.

14. declan32001

declan32001 Member

A great day here. And I'll watch every remaining Rockets game. But I'm more than ready for the offseason now. I really think it will be more interesting than anything we can discuss right now. So, sadly and for the first time I think I'm just padding my post count.

15. MrButtocks

I'm a hardcore laker fan and record every game I can't watch live. I'm biased towards former lakers when it comes to suggesting new players for the rockets (hence my Jumaine Jones obsession). I appreciate the fact that you watched his college games, but I've seen the majority of his games where it matters more: t he NBA.

I said the only thing he has going for him is his inconsistent shot, and you say he's a set shooter. You think I don't know that? He will never get as many wide open looks as he did when he was a laker. Shaq was still Shaq and he had Kobe with him. That team was in desperate need of 3pt shooting with Horry and Fox gone and Fisher being injured. Rush was the backup for both Kobe and George and he couldn't knock down anything on a regular basis. Hot one night, it didn't matter if someone was in his face. Then he'd be cold the next two on all his open shots. He ended the season on 34% 3pt shooting and did nothing else. He's a career 34% 3pt shooter now.

You think he can do more. Did he show you anything besides shooting at MU? Do you really think he can attack the basket effectively? Why is his assist to turnover ratio so bad? His rebounding numbers? It's not like Phil Jackson doesn't know how to get the best out of his players.

My biggest worry is that he'll sign here, be hot for most of his games, and then I'll hear all the fans cry all summer about how valuable he is. Then he'd be back next year and be one of the least liked rockets; just like Ryan Bowen. I don't think JVG would be out of his mind enough to keep him. It'd just be so annoying hearing all the Kareem Rush love on this board. All the hype just because he's 6'6" and can shoot, it's pathetic. No one ever pays any attention to the intangibles.

16. high5

high5 Member

i don't understand all this resistance towards the idea of signing this guy. its not like he has something to screw up here...

we can evaluate him for a few games, and see how he fits our system. if the Rockets gave a chance to Frahm, i don't see why not give it to Rush.

17. xishi

xishi Member

it'd be hard to give my maximum effort every game and practice playing on such a horrible team like the bobcats.

he can shoot and we need shooters. we're a competitive team.

take rush, geeeeez.

18. sip

sip New Member

I dont think JVG loves him because of his work ethic.

19. maopaopao

maopaopao Member

I think we should sign him and let brunson' coach dream came ture

20. Houston22

Houston22 Member

You wouldn't be playing long anywhere. Bobcats are one of best-record starting franchises and the thing that really points out of their team is hard working. They got talent some talent, too. But most of all, Bernie wants them and makes them to work hard.

And most of all.. we don't need shooters, we need SMART players. And we certainly don't need clutchfans bbs poster's proclaimed shooters.