1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

=) is this possible?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by the OlajuWons, Apr 12, 2001.

1. um...

why cant we trade our 3 picks to New Jersey along with Cato and WIzzard , for their no. 6 pick, and then draft Eddie CUrry?

New Jersey, they were really wanting Cato, around the Feb. trade deadline, they think they can get his full potential, let them have at it.

------------------
    got milf?

2. Moe

Moe Contributing Member

What if Curry is gone before the 6th pick?

------------------

3. RichRocket

RichRocket Member

That would be an insane proposition-- no offense intended. This seems like too good of a draft to give up 3 picks for 1. We need the talent it seems to me.

------------------
    Time is a great teacher-- only problem is it kills all its pupils.
    PowerbizOnline.com

4. yeah we do need talent, but we also need a big man for the future, not saying Eddie will be another Olajuwon, but he might be the big man to come in and replace Olajuwon, we already have a backcourt, lets think now towards our big man of the future.....

I would glady give up all of our late 3 picks plus a few garbage men to New Jersey for one single draft pick, named Eddie CUrry, this guy is gonna be good, he is young, if they sign C Webber, Eddie wont be expected to contribute probably for a few years, he will develop.....Oh wow I better stop, I am getting excited

------------------
    got milf?

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

There is the salary cap issue. Van Horn will be traded. Why not him? Not for us. For another team that could use a finesse power forward. He's a 20-10 guy. Why not Cato and Walt or re-signed-and-traded Shandon + our later picks, then send Van Horn (who's from California and would probably love going to Sacramento)in exchange for Webber? Or Van Horn to any other team that has someone or something we want (Chicago, Milwaukee,etc.)

------------------