1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Maryland Wins!!!

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by tacoma park legend, Mar 24, 2001.

1. tacoma park legend

tacoma park legend Contributing Member

I really want them to win it all. I picked them to beat Stanford, and just won a bet with my friend.

Who's your favorite to win it all?

BTW, am I the only one that heard the Maryland faithful start chanting "STEVE FRANCIS!" near the end of the game? I swore I heard them start chanting that at one point in the second half.

------------------

2. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

Sweeet. I wanted Maryland to win but I want Temple to win it all. Their underdogs and John CHaney's coaching and Lynn Greer and Wadleys play is awesome. My final four prediction go as follows:

Duke
    Arizona
    Maryland
    Temple

------------------
    Note: It was my cowhead. I started the cowhead craze, and my cowhead inspired Mooch to step up and bring us a victory. Thank you for your time. :D

3. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

I DIDN'T! When did they start chanting? I taped the game.

I DID notice, though, that when the commentators were naming some players from Maryland that never reached the final four, they named Len Bias (RIP), Walt Williams, and others. But not the 2nd overall pick in the 1999 draft. [​IMG]

------------------
    Watch Cat's Corner every Sunday night on Fox 26 news at 9!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ROCKETS!

4. TeXaSalsa

TeXaSalsa Contributing Member

i also am a huge maryland fan. i want them to win it all. i like t.morris alot as u guys can tell but baxter, blake, dixon r all good good players n gary williams is a terrific coach.

------------------
    --TEX

5. tacoma park legend

tacoma park legend Contributing Member

I could have sworn I heard them chanting his name at one point. It was sometime during the last 10 minutes of the game, maybe coming back from a commercial.

------------------

6. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Well, I'm sure, with about 2 minutes left, Terrapin fans were chanting "Bring on Duke!Bring on Duke!

I'm a Dukie, sure, but I want Maryland to win for 2 reasons:

1) Steve Francis happy

2) Battier possibly losing draft value

------------------
    Watch Cat's Corner every Sunday night on Fox 26 news at 9!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ROCKETS!

7. RichRocket

RichRocket Member

finalsbound: I like your last conclusion. Even though I'm a Duke fan, I really admire Gary Williams and the Maryland program. I don't mind spreading the joy!

Also, I'd love for the Rockets to get Battier!

It's no excuse, but the oversite on mentioning Francis as an ex-Terp who didn't get to the Final Four is probably due to the fact that he is just a blip on the screen.

Francis only played one year. I'm sure he has no ACC records. One and done doesn't create a profound association with Maryland basketball.

Fear the turtle!

------------------
    Time is a great teacher-- only problem is it kills all its pupils.
    PowerbizOnline.com