1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I've just seen highlights on the #1 2001 pick!!!

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Live, Dec 8, 2000.

1. Live

Live Member

OH MY GOD!!!

I'm sitting here looking at ESPN's College BBall 2Night, and I've seen who should be the #1 pick in 2001. It's time to start saying a little daily prayer hoping for the chance to get this FABULOUS prospect.

DRUMROLL PLEASE

(Imagine sound of drumroll)

GERALD WALLACE, SF, UNIV. OF ALABAMA

He has a FANTASTIC body, unbelivable athleticism, and he pulled down 17 boards tonight so he's versatile. Now true, they were faced off with perennial power Wofford (I think) tonight, but 17 BOARDS!!! FROM A FROSH!!! Earky reports are that he needs work on his outside J and range, but he's a better prospect than Miles.

UNBELIEVABLE!!!

------------------
    "We make a lot, but we spend a lot." Patrick Ewing, alumnus, Georgetown University

2. Hobbs

Hobbs Member

Wallace is playing on about the same level as Eddie Griffin and both were rated higher than Miles coming into the year (they flip flopped on being the top dog depending on who or when the ratings where done). If a swing guy is the top pick, it will likely be one of those two guys.

But the top guy will probably be a center.

------------------

3. Live

Live Member

Hobbs, you're right. I'm predicting that the first 3 picks next year will be (in no particular order):

1. Haywood
    2. Chandler
    3. Woods

SO, I'll append my statement:

I SAW HIGHLIGHTS OF THE PLAYER WHO SHOULD GO #1 IN THE 2001 DRAFT!!!

You know, now I'm beginning to wonder about those picks owed to us by the Bucks and, I believe, the Pistons. I don't think that the Bucks' pick is lottery protected, but I'm not sure about the Pistons' pick, if it is the Pistons' pick the Rockets have rights to in the first place. [​IMG]

Wouldn't it be SWEET if we ended up with two lottery picks in 2001 and drafted from a pool of Griffin, Wallace, and Morris to name a few? [​IMG]

C - Cato/Collier
    PF- Griffin/KT/Los/Mo? [​IMG]/Webber [​IMG] [​IMG] ?
    SF- Walt/Wallace/Langhi
    SG- SA/Cat
    PG- Steve/Mooch

"To dream, the impossible dream"...

------------------
    "We make a lot, but we spend a lot." Patrick Ewing, alumnus, Georgetown University

4. Hobbs

Hobbs Member

The Pistons pick is not due for another couple seasons and Houston won't see it until then. There's no chance they get it this season.

Don't forget Ed Curry and Yao Ming who have a chance to be in the top 3 as well. This is potentially a huge center draft.

------------------

5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Bucks pick is top 10 conditionally protected. If the Bucks pick is number 11 or lower we get it next year automatically, otherwise, we wait again with the same conditions for the next year.

For more info on our pick situation, look for a post by JuanValdez and in his signature youll find an appropriate link.

------------------
    "There are some frauds so well conducted that it would be stupidity not to be deceived by them."
    Charles Caleb Colton (1780-1832)

6. MManal

MManal Member

This is how you can tell this draft is going to be as loaded as we have seen in years. Its barely December and look at the kind of talent we're already talking about. Curry, Chandler, Woods, Griffin, Wallace, Boozer, Randolph, Forte, Morris, Battier etc. Players usually start emerging later on in the season which is going to make this draft even more special to watch. I really think someone very talented will fall to the Rockets in this pool. Two mid first round picks is a nice place to be in.

On a side note, Brendan Haywood looks a little better than last yr when he was a big lumbering oaf but still has his work cut out for him if he is going to make it in this pool. This is the reason why I felt it was a brilliant move for players like Mihm to go pro last yr b/c this upcoming draft is just unreal.

------------------
    Check out the Best Source for Draft Info

Draftsource.net

7. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Live -

Gerald wallace is one of the most athletic players in the country. He has skills like Vince Carter, him and francis would be the funnest duo to watch.

------------------
    Vice President of the Jason Collier fan club!

8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

For those of you wondering about how good Gerald Wallace is, I know it's only one game, but he obliterated Darius Miles when they matched up last year in a tournament. He had something on the order of 37 points and double-digit rebounds whereas I don't remember if Miles even scored.

------------------
    If you like larger booties, Domanique Sachsa would be on that list as well.
    --Jeff of SaveMeSomeBooty.com fame in the BBS Hangout forum (hope the man doesn't run for a political position - he's dead meat)