1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Macromedia Flash Question

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BobFinn*, Mar 17, 2006.

Tags:
  1. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Been watching lots of awesome music videos on You Tube, which uses Macromedia Flash Player in your web browser.

My question is...

...is there a way to transfer these videos from Macromedia Flash to my computer? I would love to burn these to DVD someday. Is this possible?

2. droxford

droxford Member

I have not yet found a way to capture streaming flash video. Occasionally, I'm able to download an flv file, but it's not common.

This is why most sites are switching to flash video. The codec delivers good quality video at good compression and it's tough to capture the stream (for now).

3. hooroo

hooroo Member

i don't think youtube videos are streamed? you can try saving the swf file from your cache/temporary internet folder. then either use a flash player or convert it to avi.

4. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

hooroo is right. You can go to your temporary internet files and get the video from there. Go to internet explorer.. tools -> internet options -> settings under temp files section -> view files -> right click -> sort by size.

The biggest files will most likely be the swf files you are looking for. Just copy and paste those files to another folder, install Flash FXP and you're set.