1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Red Alert: Wed Mar 15 vs Mavs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by emjohn, Mar 2, 2006.

1. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

Yo Evan-

I do not know what you had in mind, but...

I think I may take advantage of the deal from the "Harris County Citizen Corps: Houston Rockets Volunteer Appreciation Night" discounted tickets (since I volunteered during the post-Katrina /Astrodome volunteer opportunity) . They sent an e-mail out a couple of weeks ago with a Mavs/Rockets ticket order form(pretty much the same 30% discount that the original Clutchfans Dawg Pound crew got, the pricing was up to 33% on the most expensive seats).

Possibly the contact @ the Rockets ticket office (Mary is the name showing up on my form) would allow some of the Clutchfans Red Alert crew to tag along on this deal...

#21 ron413, Mar 5, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2006
  2. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Kerfeld: I have a pack of 8, we're taking over row 16 in 101.

I would really push that anyone going to the game call Brian/Ken/Mary and see what can be worked out as far as getting you into the section.

For anyone on the fence, Red Alert makes the game 10 times more fun.

Evan

3. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I'll be doing something fun.....

snowboarding in New Mexico, so count me out! :p

I don't think I'd ever want to go to a Houston vs Phoenix or Houston vs Dallas game.

4. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

I am taking it that you already have eight people. I will try and get my own ticket and meet up with you guys. Any pre-game plans? The wife is busy and I will be going to this game solo. let me know, It would be real cool to meet some of you guys.

5. Kerfeld

Anybody planning to pre-party before the game?

6. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

I have season tickets and me and ny boys will be at the Twisted Fork from 3-7 during a pretty good happy hour. 2 bucks for a draft pint and 2 bucks for ritas.

It is located at Lamar and San Jac (very close to Toyota Center) pretty nice place and also good food.

7. emjohn

I figure we'll hit the BUS or wherever first. Twisted Fork might not be a bad call.

Evan

8. Kerfeld

I would be down for the BUS. Emjohn, are you out of tickets? If you are I will just contact the rockets and get a ticket for the game.

9. emjohn

Yeah, I already have commitments for each of mine. Now I have to decide whether to move everyone to section 114.

Evan

-update- tix switched. Row 17.

#29 emjohn, Mar 8, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2006
  10. emjohn

Game is huge for us wed - here's another call to everyone to make a push for this to be as big as the Warriors game Red Alert debut!

11. Got Em

Got Em Member

So are there any other Clutchfans discounts or incentives available for the Dallas game? I'm might be going with a group of 5 people.

12. Visagial

Visagial Contributing Member

I really admire this effort and everything, but who wants to pay good money to see a massacre?

13. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

Is the Rockets/Mavericks game still dropped from ESPN ??

14. emjohn

People that support the team through thick and thin.

It's obviously the team's last chance to save the season, though.

If all else fails, it'll be a blast heckling the Mavs all game long.

Luckyzan - ESPN still has us listed on their own NBA schedule, so I think it's safe to say it was not dropped.

Evan

15. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

Hell yeah it's our last stand if you are a true Rockets fan and have the means to be there you better be there.

16. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

k-dawg, a friend and I want to go to the Clippers game next week. Just need the number who we need to call to get into the section, and tagging Miguel with us in which he would have to upgrade his upper level ticket to the red alert seats so we can all seat together. I guess I just need to know who to contact.

17. mmesser

mmesser Contributing Member

is the "red alert" section the same as the "red rowdies?"

where is this "red alert" section located?

someone help a :) out

18. K-Dawg

K-Dawg Contributing Member

You should be able to call anyone at 713-627-DUNK and tell them you want to sit in Red Alert. But to be safe call Brian Hopkins at (7) 758-7455.

19. K-Dawg

K-Dawg Contributing Member

Red Alert is name of the section, Red Rowdies are the fans. It's in section 114.

Don't think there are any Red Alert seats left for tomorrow night or Saturday but there are for Monday and you can buy Guy's Night Out tix in that section.

20. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

how much are they going for? $31 I believe in that area?