1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alton Ford Update and NCAA Honesty testing?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by PhiSlammaJamma, May 26, 2000.

1. PhiSlammaJamma

Houston signee Alton Ford has achieved his necessary standardized test score and simply needs to finish the semester at Waltrip High, a source close to the Cougars said. Add an eligible Ford to returning sophomore George Williams and new coach Ray McCallum will have a chance to be competitive in his first year in Conference USA.

Swift keeps Brady guessing
    LSU coach John Brady was caught off guard when Stromile Swift declared for the NBA draft earlier this month. But Brady isn't closing the door on Swift returning to the Tigers next season, even though Swift is projected to be a top-five pick.

From where does all this optimism come?

Swift is still enrolled in school.

Swift, who is in intersession classes this month, hasn't signed with an agent and he's paying his own way to Chicago for the pre-draft physicals next month.

"He's there Thursday, Friday and Saturday," Brady said of Swift's schedule. "He's serious about what he said. He'll see what he wants to do when he gets an idea of where he's going in the draft."

Brady said the 6-9 Swift is playing pickup basketball with the rest of the team every day. He said Swift doesn't plan on going to any pro cities for workouts. He said any scouts will have to come to Baton Rouge to watch Swift practice.

"Stromile always goes against the grain," Brady said. "He did that when he came to LSU. He's always done his own thing. His mother always told me not to crowd him, so I don't."

Check it out: http://espn.go.com/ncb/s/weeklyword/index.html

------------------
    humble, but hungry.

[This message has been edited by PhiSlammaJamma (edited May 26, 2000).]

2. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Houston signee Alton Ford has achieved his necessary standardized test score and simply needs to finish the semester at Waltrip High

Alton Ford goes to Milby, not Waltrip.

------------------

3. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

aelliott,

I have the reputation, but you police this BBS just as much.
    [​IMG]

Mango

------------------
    Live long and prosper.

Donate Blood!

4. aelliott

Mango,

Does that make me a deputy?

------------------

5. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

aelliott,

I am a High Ranking Official, but not the Chief. You can be the Chief of the Serious Police. You have the respect/mystique on this BBS that a Chief needs.

Mango

------------------
    Live long and prosper.

Donate Blood!

6. aelliott

I've got a mystique? Cool, I always wanted one.

------------------

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Somebody archive this thread. I don't think I've ever seen aelliott post something that wasn't about basketball or serious. Damn. [​IMG]

P.S. --

Can I be one of the Posse?!?! HUH!??! CAN I?!?!?

------------------
    ?

8. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Mango, aelliott-
    Get back on topic, you're ruining the flow of discussion! [​IMG]

------------------
    Rockets fans wanted at hoopsboards.com

Draft Chat, NBA Chat, Team Chat, and more!