1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dallas looking to trade pick?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by NIKEstrad, May 21, 2000.

1. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

according to NBAtalk.com, they are.
    http://www.nbatalk.com/nba/draft/index.shtml

it's the part about Pryzbilla. Blazers are interested in him

If they don't keep their pick, that makes a pretty good chance of OO falling past mid 1st round, into around 18-20 range.

I wonder if Drew and KT would suffice for that pick, I mean, after all, we are getting Stromile Swift with the #1 pick, so who needs KT? [​IMG]

------------------
    Rockets fans wanted at hoopsboards.com

Draft Chat, NBA Chat, Team Chat, and more!

2. TraJ

TraJ Member

I've got to admit, I've wondered what it would take to get that pick as well. But the question I keep asking myself is this: Is there anyone at number twelve that is worth giving up some of our players for? Could we get someone better in a trade for Drew, KT and our trade exemption than we could at the number 12 spot in the draft? I don't know, but it says something to me that Dallas wants to get rid of the pick.

------------------

3. NIKEstrad

Supporting Member

I personally really like OO, but he could be a stretch there....I've seen some claims of Moiso being there, but I don't see it.

------------------

4. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

There's no guarantee a 12th pick would end up a better player than KT (in particular) or Drew, so why give up both for that pick? That would be a bad trade IMO, esp. in a supposedly shallow draft year.

------------------

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Interesting note on Olumide Ohwhatshisname is that Donnie Nelson (Don's kid) is in Nigeria. He's running a camp there with OO's help. And we know how much Don loves to draft foreign players.

------------------
    ?

6. NIKEstrad

Supporting Member

yeah. the article also said how he may not draft OO, because OO isn't supposed to go till mid to late first round.....I consider him the best foreigner, way better than Tsakalidis, even though Tsakalidis will go ahead of him.

I almost forgot, if you want an assurance that the player will be better....well, we can always draft DeShawn Stevenson there....

I probably wouldn't trade KT, unless we were getting a top 3 pick in return, or if we had a top 3 pick in hand, or if we were getting a REALLY good PF.

------------------

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Even if we have a top-3 pick, I still wouldn't trade KT (assuming we didn't trade him to get that pick in the first place). This team has problems with front-court depth. You *may* improve your frontline with that top-3 pick, but there's a lot to be said for having a quality backup as well. Plus KT can bang with bigger players which is something very few of our quality frontline players can do.

------------------
    ?

8. NIKEstrad

Supporting Member

Would this scenario not make the front court stronger?

We win the lottery (at least top 3) grab Swift.
    Trade: Bryce, KT, 2nd rounder/or future 1st rounder for Olowakandi, #18 (which we use to draft Oyededji)

Last year's big men:
    Hakeem
    Cato
    KT
    Pig
    Rogers

Next year's big men:
    Hakeem
    Cato
    Olowkandi
    Swift
    Oyededji
    (Rogers, Pig, on the bubble to make the roster)

------------------

9. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Why are the Clippers always tagged as a team to steal big man talent from? They're going to lose Mo Taylor, and it's not like they have that much depth to begin with.

------------------

10. NIKEstrad

Supporting Member

I have seen things that say Olowakandi is on the block. LAC apparently thinks he's an overpriced bust (He was the #1 pick, so I think he has one of the biggest salaries on the team). They'll likely want a cheap young talented player or two (Drew or KT fits the bill) or maybe a pick (I wouldn't trade #9, but we could have as many as 3 or 4 picks this year). We also have the trade exception to allow us to take on more salary than we give.

Their big man track record is pathetic oakdogg. Let's see.....Loy Vaught, Antonio McDyess, Rodney Rogers (semi big man), and plenty of others have all been sent away from there, via free agency, or a horrible trade (Brent Barry+Rogers=McDyess? lol)

------------------

11. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

NIKEstrad,

I consider him the best foreigner, way better than Tsakalidis, even though Tsakalidis will go ahead of him.

Just out of curiosity, have you ever seen Tsakalidis play?

------------------

12. NIKEstrad

Supporting Member

aelliot-honestly, no, I haven't. But, from what I've heard, he just doesn't impress me....his numbers are garbage, and he's older than Oyededji. He's gonna be a major project, and may turn out ok. I don't consider him a sure bet to be the next Ilgauskas minus foot problems. Of course, OO could have some problems, but it's undeniable he'll be a top flight rebounder.

------------------

13. NIKEstrad

Supporting Member

34dream-I never said he would. But he's about 3 rebounds ahead of 2nd place, and one of the youngest in the league. By his prime, with his size/build, that translates IMO into 11-12 easy. No, he doesn't have much offense, but he's athletic, and can dunk.

------------------

14. 34dream

34dream Member

Just because Oyedeji is the leading rebounder in Germany, he won't be a top-rebounder in the NBA. His offensive skills are also very limited. As for Tsakalidis, has anyone seen this guy play?

------------------