1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Excluding Rockets, who do you want to get top pick?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Clutch, May 18, 2000.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Not just the top pick but the top 3.... I'm really hoping if the Rockets don't get in there (still crossing my fingers) that Vancouver and the Clips crack the Top 3 somehow... those teams may be willing to deal with us and the higher position they have the better.

------------------
    NOTHING BUT .NET
    CLUTCHCITY.NET

2. TeXaSalsa

TeXaSalsa Contributing Member

Hmm I'd like to see Chicago get the 1st pick believe it or not so maybe swift has a chance to slip a little.

------------------
    --TEX

3. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

1. Chicago- because they want Mihm and that will push the players that we want down a little
    2. Clippers- Like Clutch said, we can make some really good deals with them.
    3. Vancouver- same as above but the Clippers have more of what we need.

------------------
    www.rocketzone.web.com

4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

When it comes to the Rockets benefitting, I guess I'd go with the consensus. But, assuming the Rockets do not gain in anyway, I'd want the Grizzlies, the Mavs and the Cavs to get the first 3. I like and pity all three. The clippers, hawks, and nets shouldn't get them because they are too incompetent to properly use a player of that caliber. The magic and the bulls just annoy me. And then there's the Celtics.

------------------
    http://www.gaffordstudios.cjb.net/

5. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Imagine this scenario:

#1. Bulls
    #2. Cavs
    #3. uh.....Celtics

Bulls take Mihm. Cavs have no spot for Swift or Martin as PFs behind Kemp, so they take Fizer. Celtics......Walker plays PF, so who do they take? Miles? That would make 4 and 5 Swift and Martin....imagine that. (Assuming teams don't double up)

I want the Clippers, Grizzlies or Magic to get #2 or #3, cause I personally think it'd be tougher to trade with them if they got #1. or the Bulls to be bumped to #4 (so Mihm is unavailable, forcing a trade).

------------------
    Rockets fans wanted at hoopsboards.com

Draft Chat, NBA Chat, Team Chat, and more!

6. Sherlock

Sherlock Contributing Member

Well, absolutely none of the guys who pick behind us on picks 10-13, or else we slip a pick, where we might not get Miles, Miller or Moiso, and if we traded our pick, it would be worth less.

I'd like to see Washington get a top 3 pick, so Chicago doesn't get their pick this year. Then if Chicago only gets one pick in the lottery, they probably won't use it on Miles, since their greater need is at SG, PG and center, and they already have Artest. Washington would totally turn around as a team with Martin and a couple trades, and I wouldn't be surprised if the NBA wants Jordan to have a chance to pull off developing a good team. Don't be surprised to see their ball come up first!

The top ten teams with a need for SF are Atlanta, New Jersey, and Orlando, so I'd like to see 2 of them in the top 3, when the best athlete available keeps them from picking Miles or Miller, when Martin, Swift, Fizer and Mihm are available. Then either Miles or Miller would probably drop to #9.

Then the draft would fall a little diferently, enabling us to possibly get Miles or Miller, due to most teams needs to draft centers:

Washington - Kenyon Martin
    Atlanta - Stromile Swift or Chris Mihm
    NJ - Chris Mihm or Stromile Swift
    LAC - Marcus Fizer
    Orlando - Darius Miles or DerMarr Johnson
    Vancouver - Jerome Moiso or Joel Pryzbilla
    Chicago - Alexander, Richardson or Prysbilla
    NJ Nets - Joel Prysbilla or Darius Miles
    Cleveland - Iakovos Tsakalidis
    Houston - Mike Miller or Darius Miles

So, if the Rockets don't get into the top 3, and we can't trade up to get Swift, then I'd like to see (1) Washington, (2) Atlanta, and (3) New Jersey.

------------------
    the more I know, the more I know I don't know...

7. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

I would want any team that is willing to trade with the Rockets to be in the top three also.

------------------
    THE DEAN HAS WRITTEN

8. Chavodel8

Chavodel8 Member

DO YOU GUYS REALLY THINK THE CLIPPERS WILL WANT TO TRADE WITH US. I DONT KNOW WHY BUT I DOUBT IT. GIVE ME SOME REASONS WHY THEY MAY TRADE WITH USE?

[​IMG]

------------------

9. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

Hey Chavodel8- welcome to the board. Just a friendly reminder to please not yell.

10. Chavodel8

Chavodel8 Member

NOLEN, WHAT DID YOU SAY? I COULDNT HEAR YOU!

[​IMG]

------------------

11. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

1) Vancouver
    2) Orlando (via Golden State)
    3) Orlando (via Denver)

My reasoning is this: Vancouver could benefit most from drafting Kenyon Martin. Add him to a lineup of Bibby, Dickerson, Shareef, and Big Country, and the Grizz will finally have a competitive team.

Orlando, I believe, deserved to be rewarded from above for the all-out heart they displayed competing in a rebuilding year. Plus, them having both the #2 and #3 picks allows them to part more easily with one of them in a trade with the Rockets. Stromile Swift, here we come!

------------------

12. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Clutch, I am moving this thread to the LA Clippers page. [​IMG]

------------------
    You just want to be on the side thats winning.