1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Salsa's FULL MOCK DRAFT version 1

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by TeXaSalsa, Apr 7, 2000.

1. TeXaSalsa

TeXaSalsa Contributing Member

4Chuckie
    good someone who knows about this guy.
    please if u can answer these ?s
    1.) does he play with heart?
    2.) is he a good athlete?
    3.) does he have good hands?
    4.) how well does he run the floor?

------------------
    --TEX

2. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

Salsa-
    Ken is a very quiet guy off the court. He is an art major and they have showed his work on local television stations. He is a very good artist.
    For a quiet guy he plays with a lot of heart on defense. The crowd here at OSU went nuts for all of his blocks and he soon started playing with them as well, showing alot of emotion, something he never really showed his 1st 2 years. He was a Prop 48 his Frosh year.
    He is tall and thin but he is a good athlete. His freshman year he was a total twig. He "beefed" up about 20 lbs this year. He didn't get pushed around in the Big 10, but he is still small (thin) for the NBA. But as I noted he worked hard in the off season to improve his body.
    His hands are questionable. I can't say one way or another (bad or good). I never really noticed so I suppose they aren't bad.
    He can run the court, but usually he wasn't able to because he always was trying to block shots or rebound, but when there was a steal he can run pretty well.

IMO,he is a skinnier Cato. The guy will be succesful in the NBA, at least as a defensive force. His offensive game is lacking, but he scored when he had opportunities. As I stated before the thing that I love is that the guy will work hard, and he keeps his mouth shut. He would be a nice pickup in the 2nd round.

------------------

3. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

One thing I forgot to mention id Johnson is petitioning the NBA to get his 1st year back. I think it was a prop 48 (but I could be wrong). He isn't participating in the NBA camp here in the next few weeks and he has not hired an agent yet.
    Basically there is a chance he may be back at OSu rather than in the NBA.
    Another contingency, IMO, is if Ken does get a year back then Michael Redd, who is a legitimate top 15 pick if he comes up, could remain in school for his senior year as well if Ken is allowed to play. However if the NCAA says no, then both of these guys will be headed to the NBA.
    Redd is your protype 2 guard. He's a nice player, but he likes to take over too much on his own.

------------------

4. TeXaSalsa

4chuckie
    thx for the info. on johnson. he sounds like a good kid. hopefully rudy T will see something in him and draft him in the 2nd round. he would be a good backup C.

why are you guys so in love with moiso? that kid should stay in school. from what ive heard he is a flake. he hates school, doesnt go to class, his grades suck, he is from a volatile team, he isnt experienced, and 13PPG with that height and athleticisim is pretty underachieving. lack of smarts in school could very well mean lack of smarts on the court. he should stay in school. so should JaRon Rush who is an even bigger flake and if im correct didnt even play most of the season because of a violation of the law. he is coming out after a nice tournament performance and late season run? that is silly. they should stick together and grow up and maybe turn UCLA back to a good program.

i dont know why everyone wants a PF. sure if martin or fizer falls into our hands draft him. but kenny T has the potential to be a dman good PF if he gets the oppurtunity. steve francis has even said we dont need help at PF, adn that kenny T is doing great.

a scoring athletic SF who defends well is our need. we need to keep walt williams to start the 1st year and show the guy the ropes, then let walt come off the bench.

------------------
    --TEX

5. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

What I want is a 4/5 to let the Rocks match up better with the league. BTW, just who is our current backup center? That is the problem I am trying to solve.

Off to the game [​IMG]

------------------

6. ricealum

ricealum Contributing Member

> 9.) BOSTON- Mateen Cleaves

Much as I'd love to see the C's pick Cleaves, they can't. Astonishingly, they traded their first round pick to Cleveland for some stiff named Vitalis Potbelly, or something like that. [​IMG]

7. ricealum

> What I want is a 4/5 to let the Rocks match up better with the league.

What I want is an athletic 7 footer to guard Tim Duncan and Kevin Garnett. (And to find a bag full of $100 bills on the street.) I'm reasonable confident in the rest of the team, Kenny T included.

I only saw Moiso play once and he was impressive against a big Stanford front line. He had one play that was jaw-dropping enough that I memorized his name, just in case. [​IMG]

If he and Rush come out, as it appears they will, it could be a deep enough draft that we could get a keeper at 11 or 12.

8. TeXaSalsa

We really dont need someone like that as badly as u think. carlos is quick and big enough to play with duncan, garnett, or webber. he needs to work on his fundamental D but he has the athleticisim to stay with them. Kenny T also did a nice job on Duncan, and cato and pig and some backup we get should be able to contain other opposing centers. cato did a great job on shaq for the first two games.
    carlos needs to bulk up a little and to be successful actually develop somewhat of a primitive offensive game.

our main concern should be an athletic 3. walt needs to come off the bench. walt btw is in our future for any doubters. www.basketballnews.com for the report. sorry but i am happy about this. the wizard can play.

------------------
    --TEX

9. TeXaSalsa

O yah i almost forgot. i have not seen JaRon Rush play very much. who here thinks he will get drafted in the 1st round? btw has anyone heard about the guy from LIFE university? i also need to know where you guys think michael redd will get picked up.
    this would really help in my feedback. i will post Salsa's Mock Draft 2.0 next friday after i know the likely hood of picking.

i could also use some mention of names of 2nd round guys. AJ Granger? mention some guys that i might have forgotten. please give me feedback here or at greg01@flash.net
    thanks

------------------
    --TEX

10. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

Guys I wanted to give an update on Ken Johnson (Ohio State big man). It appears as though OSU was succesful in petitioning the NCAA to gain him an extra year of eligibility from Prop 16.
    Also it appears more likely that the Buckeyes SG- Michael Redd will aso stay in school as a result of him being projected as a low 1st round-early 2nd round pick, and partially because of KJ getting an extra year as well.
    Go Bucks!

------------------

11. ricealum

TeXaSalsa: "We really dont need someone like that as badly as u think. carlos is quick and big enough to play with duncan [...] Kenny T also did a nice job on Duncan, and cato and pig and some backup we get should be able to contain other opposing centers. [...] our main concern should be an athletic 3. walt needs to come off the bench."

I think Walt's recent tear should show that he's at his best STARTING. I love Carlos but until he plays 70+ games in a season I'm not sure he's reliable enough. Kenny T did OK on Duncan and Malone, but Garnett has eaten us alive in all four games. If by some miracle we got full seasons out of Los and Mass, we wouldn;t need a draft pick at all. I just don't think it'll happen.