1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Suns 2/16/2006

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 15, 2006.

1. edwardlo

edwardlo Member

Very simple, JVG is being out coached on this night. JVG game is constructed base on set play. Each player are restricted on a certain area of the court to do what their role are. Such as Yao is always either at the Post or at high to set a pick. That's is his role in all the games we have been playing. The rest of the player are stationed at the perimeter and either shoot a jumper or pass the ball to Yao at the post but it take some hestiation such that the opponent player is always get set behind Yao. TMac on the other hand would try to find open slot to shoot jumper. The percentage of his shot lately is questionable. The play that really puzzle me was when Yao come up to the top to set a pick while TMac shoot a 20 feet jumper, leaving Yao out of position to get offensive rebound. I hate this play totally. Bottom line, his offensive is predictable.

2. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

If you watch the game over, you will see set after set where we are firing up jumpers and the only red jersey anywhere near the paint area is Yao. Everyone was standing around the perimeter. We had zero opportunities for offensive boards until the game was over and Chuckie was in the game.

3. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I can barely stomache editing the commercials and stupid in-game ads...much less go thru and disect the plays for a "lowlights" video...and there simply wasnt enough scoring by the Rockets to make a "highlights" video.

For this one...the full gmae will be all...and even then Im not expecting big demand unless the link ends up on the PHO board.:(

It will make it easier to keep up with the work required to do the weekend's festivites....like last year, I will do the Rook game, the main events on Sat and the big game on Sun...thankfully the Rockets dont play again till next Wed...so I will have time to get them done b4 then.

4. richirich

richirich Contributing Member

agreed, he wants to ignore the real strengths & weaknesses of his own team and ignore those of the opposing team and then try to impose his defensive game plan on a group of players it won;t fit, on both sides of the ball.

5. richirich

richirich Contributing Member

crashing the boards is not a term I would ever use about the Rockets. I am going to go cry in my orange juice.

:(

6. JaWindex

JaWindex Contributing Member

Wow, I'm glad i chose to get drunk last night instead of watching the game...

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Totally understand. As for making the game available, I don't know how you can manage it!

8. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

You sir, are a god.

Thank you thank you thank you.

Looks like I'll be learing that bit torrent thang on Monday.

9. DribbleHooper

DribbleHooper Contributing Member

Nonsense. It can always get worse.

10. DribbleHooper

I'll bet he does, too.

11. DribbleHooper

That may be the part seen on television and referenced earlier in this thread, where they were seen laughing rather than looking all gutkicked.

12. Panda

Panda Member

That works on paper. However, it all depends on situation. When the outside shooters don't shoot well, it's a waste of time keep going into the low post. When you are down 20+, 30+ points, the slow pace of low post game is not apt at getting you back into the game.

And putting Yao in the high post isn't just for the jumpers, it's also for off the ball movement, clearing out space, cutting and slashing.

13. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Hey, you know the best thing to come out of all of this?

31 pages of posts about one game.

We care.

14. Biggienaz786

Biggienaz786 Member

15. nappdog

nappdog Contributing Member

Nah, it takes too much brain power to process all that shyt. It's Sat. for God sakes, my brains in r****d mode. :eek: If only they made pot legal, life would be perfect.