1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Suns 2/16/2006

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 15, 2006.

1. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

I don't agree with sitting Yao in this blowout, let him play in an uptempo game blowout or no blowout and let him learn how to handle it.

2. Biggienaz786

Biggienaz786 Member

i fuhking hate JVG sometimes. rubber chucky comes in every time, shows hustle, grabs rebounds, holds his man, gets put-backs, does everything we ask him to do.

and yet VG CONTINUES to put that fuhkin white scrub rybo. that lil b**** has no game, all he does is play defense by following opposing players around w/ his hands flailing. he has to be giving VG head [or the other way around], but there's some fuhkin mysterious reason why he always gets minutes over chuck. JVG always preaches hustle, but rybo doesn't have more hustle than chuck hayes.

now lo and behold, chuck hayes is in the game, and though i haven't seen the box score, i've already seen at least 2-3 rebounds, 1 block, and 1 offensive put-back.

3. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Ummm...if the Suns keep playing their starters at the beginning of the 4th, then they're completely classless. Now, if their scrubs go in and continue this shooting rampage, then you can't faulth them for that.

They're leading by 45, it's not like they're in a daner of losing...

4. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

Can we get our hands on a couple of their shooters? Why weren't we paying attention to House and Bell?

You can fall behind playing Suns because they will get loose and shoot the light out. We will get back to them in the last two matchs this season.

5. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

LOL! Phoenix is gonna go for the biggest blowout in their history.

6. dragon167

dragon167 Contributing Member

Blame the players all you want!!! We lost by >40 points in 3 quarters. Yao sucks wont let you lost by 40. T-mac sucks wont let you lost by 40. T-mac and Yao suck wont let you lost by 40. Only the game plan sucks would let you lost by 40.

7. DribbleHooper

DribbleHooper Contributing Member

"Hello, housekeeping? I need laundry service... it appears the Rockets sh** the bed."

8. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

what a letdown... this sucks

9. zhao1109

zhao1109 Contributing Member

should put YAO in the game and post him up every time

damn JVG, you b****!

10. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Yeah, it's easy to hit all that stuff during the regular season, when you have basically secured a playoff spot. Just wait till the playoffs, when everybody's sack is shrunk up. Sack shrinks, and all of a sudden, the arms shrink on the follow through, and the elbow flies open and the trunk of the body over rotates and the thighs are too stiff and the calves are tired from 82 games on all those 3 pointers under pressure.

I'll believe in this style of ball when I see it win a championship. LA and Chicago never won a championship until they became proficient half-court teams.

11. waihh

waihh Contributing Member

The stratagy of the Suns is very simple. Zone defense to stop your points in the paint, please feel free to shoot from outside, no team will shoot and make more 3's. To break that you have to dribble penetrate. If you give up the ball to player outside the arc. the Suns are happy. That's what exactly were happening this game. When the rox was down by 20, there was a time out. I was hoping JVG would tell the players to dribble penetrate but nothing happened. Tmac, Raffer, why don't you commit 6 offensive fouls and sit after even trying to dribble penetrate. That at least looks like you have tried to do the right thing. Now what a group of losers! If you kept breaking NBA losing record, you are nodoubtly losers! SAD!

12. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

102-57 ????????????????

is this a real score?

someone better be fired after today.

13. fanwq

fanwq Member

Sun's 3 point rain!
    Where is our defence?

14. Biggienaz786

Biggienaz786 Member

UPDATE :: steal by Chuck Hayes

Phoenix announcers - normally i'd say this was a pretty d*ck comment [sorry for the words, Clutch, i'm just pissed] ::
    Main guy - "i wonder who d'antoni is gonna put in this game now"
    other guy - "he doesn't need to. that's the beauty of this game"

15. laughdog

laughdog Member

can anybody let me know what the biggest blowout in the NBA's history is? Are we going to set the record?

Thank you

16. robbarnett

robbarnett Member

LMAO :D

17. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

might as well set the record for something while we're at it.

18. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

Damn Chuck Hayes always seems to play real well when he plays but Jeff Von Idiot refuses to play him and he plays scrubs like Howard, Swift, and Bowen. Doesn't make any sense to me.

19. syin1

syin1 Member

man, in international games, defensively you play zone defense because they run fast. offensively you penetrate and dish. JVG doesn't even want to try it. That's why he is a pretty one-dimentional coach and not a versatile one. It's a repeat of game 7 vs Dallas last season. JVG is just struck to a fool.... :mad: :mad:

20. noize

noize Contributing Member

Wow, its gonna be awkward for Yao and T-mac being at the all-star game. I'd be pretty embarassed.