1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone else watching Bleak House?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Win, Feb 14, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Win

Win Contributing Member

Quite by accident I recently stumbled across the first episode of PBS's Bleak House. I've been watching it ever since... Sort of a David Lynch does Victorean London series. Very cool and well done. :cool:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/bleakhouse/

2. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

I'm hooked too. Took me awhile to figure out that X-files Gillian Anderson was in it. Great character names as you would expect from Dickens- Tulkinghorn, Guppy, Snagsby, Skimpole, Boythorn...

3. deepellumrocket

Oh man, I had to read that for Gothic Novel class in college. 900 pages in and Dickens was still introducing new characters and subplots. Holy damn Chuck, pick a story and tell it! :eek: :mad: