1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Help! Why do I love Tmac's game yet hate Francis game?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DeAleck, Feb 8, 2006.

1. JuNx

JuNx Contributing Member

He's a CLUTCH!!! Player :D

2. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

It's because the shine of the "new kid in town" hasn't worn off...

I hate how it takes a half for TMac to warm up, though.

3. Glyyde

Glyyde Member

Tmac sometimes pisses me off for taking his shots so early.... like coming down on a fastbreak, Sura pass the ball back out to the 3pt line with Tmac running down, catch and fire it with 22secs left on shot clock.... he is in rhythm, when it goes in, its all good.... but when it doesn't (more often than when it does), it just seems like a bad shot to me....

same thing happens sometimes on offensive rebounds.... fresh 24, but Tmac shoot a 3 in 2 secs.....

I do wonder if we still have Francis and Cat, if we acquired a good PF and SF, what will it be then? Seeing Francis been changing his game to fit JVG's game plan for Yao and Cat being the shooter and perimeter defender that we are lacking now.....

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

T-Mac never looks like he is taking a bad shot, and from a huge Francis lover, T-Mac just has a better feel.

prime example,

last night the bucks and magic were involved in a brutal game to watch, bucks were leading up until about 35 sec. magic had a three point lead, francis has the ball on a pick and roll with howard, the opposing point drops off francis from about 12 feet to pick up howard, all francis has to do is shoot the ball or drive to the basket, but francis in his infinite b-ball wisdom tries to squeeze a pass to howard through the double, its down to about 12 secs, turnover, simmons hits a three, game goes into o.t. magic lose.

i love francis but watching him do stupid crap like that just pisses you off, for like the rest of the day.

#24 pgabriel, Feb 9, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2006
  5. Glyyde

Glyyde Member

have to agree that he doesn't looks like he is taking a bad shots.... all Tmac shots are just so fluid and smooth.... probably why one would never thinks that he is taking a bad shots at all

6. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

First, I am one of Steve's biggest defenders but I LOVE T-Mac and the things he can do are unbelievable!!! I also find myself never criticizing him. I still think he and Kobe are the closest things to MJ #23 in the league.

This lovefest will change though if the Rox don't make a serious run in the next two years, the haters will come out in droves. It is all about success and people are still in the honeymoon period and are excited about the possibilities of Yao and T-Mac. This will wear off if the Rox continue to be an average team.

7. sydmill

sydmill Member

because TMac is like 6 inches taller than Steve and so a lot of the shots Steve took are easier for TMac. Tracy is unbelievable not for his skills, but for having those skills in a body that is that long.

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

1. T-Mac understands the team game much better than Steve.
    2. T-Mac doesn't turn the ball over with stupid plays.
    3. T-Mac makes good decisions even when his shots don't go in.
    4. T-Mac doesn't pull craps like "I prefer to go to the Super Bowl than going with the team."