1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Sonics @ Rockets 2/3/2006

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 2, 2006.

1. Mack

Mack Contributing Member

Yao looked out of sync those two minutes to me. It looked like he was running a different play in the half court than the rest of the teammates. It looked to me like JVG pulled him to give him some instruction, and let him observe for a little while.

2. TIM BREAUX

TIM BREAUX Contributing Member

Keith Jones is an athletic TRAINER...not Yao's conditioning coach.

Athletic Trainer = ankle taper and ice bag wrapper. That's about it.

3. mrgoubople1

mrgoubople1 Member

WOw! good job you were real close! only 1 point off from each side
    100-77

4. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

We should all thank Grendal for bringing us the first back to back wins at home. I hope you and the wife enjoyed the game. He is a true Rockets fan and my guess is he will post pics.

Go Rox

5. ikfit

ikfit Member

not 101-77, so still not confidence enough. :)

6. rocketsmetalspd

Grendal. I hope you had a great time at the game. Pics, I hope you did get some good pics of the game and RPD. :)

7. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

During this sorry season, my primary ray of hope for now and the future has been this trio meshing with each other. I'll say it for the nth time: A good PG will bring the best out of Yao by giving him two players who know how/when to get him the ball. Plus a good PG will make Tracy's minutes easier by handling the ball, allowing him to selectively take plays off (on offense like MJ used to) and by letting him get shots other than having to beat his man off the dribble.

My 2nd ray of hope is Luther. He seems like the kind of guy who will take inventory after his rookie year, work hard over the summer on his game and come back much improved next season.

8. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

2nd of the 10 games winning streak which I have predicted. GO ROCKETS!!!

9. YaosArmy

YaosArmy Contributing Member

Im impressed by stro... he really had a pretty good game.
    Yao ming is amazing... i kept tellin myself overn over this game. I cant believe how much more fun it is to watch the rox when yao is in there... and it makes me feel better for t-mac.. so he dosnt have to carry the load every damn night.
    Hayes- hes my boy always get a great effort from that guy.
    R.Alston- The Skip is BACK - 11 assist
    I believe Luther Head will be a david wesley in the future... the guy plays bulldog defense and hits the occasional 3 pointer... if hes on.

CLUTCH CITY I SMELL PLAYOFFS! 10+ game winning streak.. this win will totaly boost the teams moral and confidence.. and with bobby sura coming back after the All star break... I think we definately have a shot!
    T-mac + Yao = Playoffs
    GO ROX

10. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Very nice win with strong games by our two stars. Warm feelings, baby, warm feelings. Keep it going Rox!

11. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

I'm watching FSN's replay right now, and one thing that really sticks out during the second viewing is that the Rockets really pushed the ball hard on every single possession. Passes were quick and hard and there was no hesitation. On the defensive end, it was the same story... quick hands going after the ball and hustling back down the court looking for easy points. A very uptempo game from a team often stigmatized as a slow-it-down bunch. Our defense looks a lot tighter with a 7'6" guy in the middle.

Hayes was solid as usual, getting a hand on way more rebounds than he had any right to. Stro had a solid all-around game, too, if unspectacular. Yao Ming looked pretty damn comfortable considering it was his second game back; he had some great passes tonight.

At the post-game press conference, I heard JVG say "I thought we played a really good game tonight." I think that might be the first time he's said that this season.

12. bleh12345

bleh12345 Member

And I can't be more happy to be wrong. :D

13. ansarisu

ansarisu Contributing Member

I only watched the highlights but McGrady's back looked loose and he was playing pretty nimble. This back thing has to be confusing the heck out of him.

Again, I didnt see Yao, but the only thing that seems to be lacking is the shot going down, otherwise, I am very happy he's back.

14. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Actually it was Yao's third game back. :p

Best all-around game out of Yao all season long. I liked Stro's effort too. I wish they would toss him a bone every now and then and get him the ball. He seems like the type that lifts up his energy and effort when he gets a few touches. And it's kind of sad seeing him toss his hands up in the paint when he's pretty open, only to get ignored. I can see how that can be discouraging.

15. barryxzz

barryxzz Contributing Member

Are you talking about Yao in last season? :p

16. chewy

chewy Member

Yeah I totally agree with you, I was like what the hell?! He could have gotten a lay-up or another POWER DUNK in.

17. Tango

Tango Contributing Member

He's talking about stromile.

18. KDavis

KDavis Contributing Member

Damn that was pretty close to the score! Good Job Man.

KD

19. barryxzz

barryxzz Contributing Member

I know.

But don't you remember there was/has been a lot of complaints that Yao got ignored by his teamates even when he was in good position?

20. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

I don't think Stro's going to get the same consideration as Yao anytime soon. In any case, the Rockets moved the ball really well and shared and shared alike in the Sonics game. We can b**** about Stro's touches some other time. Maybe when he starts coming off the bench before Hayes?