1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Drinking Question:How would you guys handle this?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BigSherv, Feb 1, 2006.

1. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

It's one of the perks of the job.

2. nycrocket

nycrocket Contributing Member

Soda in a scotch and soda is club soda not coke. I used to think the same thing.

3. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

I am talking about Mexian Martinis. Man they are good and really strong. They limit people to two. You get a martini glass and a full shaker full of margarita.

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If he's mixing something in those called drinks he is wasting them. Those should be used for drinking straight, on the rocks, or martini(I don't mean the girly kind that are apple, or cosmo's. I mean the kind that are gin or vodka and a hint of vermouth.)

If anything else goes in those drinks he isn't getting the real value out of them, and it is a waste.

5. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

Thank you, that is what a martini is and should be.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

You guys need to graduate to the good stuff, he has already matured.

Why waste time with cheap and nasty hooch.

The good stuff is better...

;)

Oh, and seperate tabs work well........

DD

7. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

Then again, not everybody is a bigshot business exec. ;)

8. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

my solution?

send threatening letters to his family.

it works 60% of the time.... everytime.

9. BigSherv

I know I will never be a person who loves the tast of alcohol.

I am all about how it makes me feel in the end not all this single malt scotch was made by a unic who traded his testicles to buy a barrel to make the scotch in and it has a slightly woody taste with a hint of fruit BS.

I drink to get a buzz and to pass the time with friend. If a drink tastes really good going down it is a bonus on my pathway to a buzz.

I have tried all the nicer drinks, Remy XO, McAllen, Glen, Black Label, Goose, etc. They are all nice but when it comes down to it, just give me a crown and 7 or a rum and coke.

#69 BigSherv, Feb 2, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2006
  10. BigSherv

A lot of CEO, CFO, VP's are normal men and women who actually prefer beer to expensive liquors.

It is the little d***** people that hold those fairy[​IMG] glasses swirling and sniffing their drink like idiots. It is sad that they need the drink to quantify there existence.

I blame their parents. A few more hugs and they would have ended up okay.

11. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

There are so many signature worthy quotes in this thread. Here are my favorites, in reverse order:

3. I drink to get a buss.

2. It works 60% of the time... everytime

And the impossibly hilarious, since it's clear he's not even being ironic...

1. Band members drink while performing?

12. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

Just because you prefer beer doesn't mean you have to rag on those that prefer lliquor. If someone truly likes liquor and has the money, of course they are going to have the best stuff they can buy - which, often times, is the more expensive stuff.

Personally, I love a perfectly balance cocktail and I absolutely love the taste of gin.

However, I also love beer. I have no problem at all drinking the mass produced beers, but craft beer is my preference. The taste and the aromas of a good beer are amazing.

Sure, if my primary goal for the night is to get drunk, I'll drink on the cheap stuff all day long. However, sometimes I just want to enjoy a few good drinks and the buzz comes as a pleasant after-effect - in those cases I'll buy something that agrees more with my palate.

Your friend sounds more like the type of person you are describing. Buying premium liquor only to dilute it in a cheap drink. Those are the people that try to establish their non-existant status by buying what they think will impress people.

13. BigSherv

I prefer liquor and I am not really ragging on liquor drinkers.

I am making fun of the people that sit there in a group, smelling there drink, holding their cognac glass in a fruity manner, etc. Those people I feel are doing it for show and to act like they are a connoisseur or some crap like that.

#73 BigSherv, Feb 2, 2006
  14. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

i honestly don't even know why its so big of an issue to tell him to pay for his own drinks if he is drinking expensive stuff. i am really curious why you haven't just told him.

anyhow...tell him to quit being such a cheap homo who tries to sound high class and more sophistcated by ordering the expensive crap. if he wants to look like a baller then tell him to take the tab.

15. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

please....

just because you haven't acquired a taste for the finer liquors doesn't make those who have "idiots." i (and most of the people i'm friends with) geniunely like the way they taste..... and that's BETTER.

you have no experience, so of course they all taste the same to you. a whiskey's a whiskey, a beer is a beer, blah blah blah. so you're telling me you drink Red Dog, right? i mean, it's all beer. the same reason you drink Coors instead of Natty is the same reason I drink Basil Hayden's instead of Evan Williams (although i like me an EW) or Delerium instead of Miller Lite. and as opposed to college, i don't always drink to get drunk anymore. holy ****, i feel old...

don't get me wrong, i drink wells all the time... and hell, i have a six pack of PBR (coldest beer on earth) in my fridge right now. but don't go bashing those with a finer taste because you cant tell the difference.

but go ahead and bash away at those pretentious drink snobs who drink it for the name alone (especially the Vodka snobs)... my experience with people who only drink "ultra-premium" Vodka is that they genuinely suck at life.

16. BigSherv

I like how you tell me not to make fun of people and then you make fun of them of them yourself in your closing.

#76 BigSherv, Feb 2, 2006
  17. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

Limit the rounds to beer.

Everyone buys there own booze.

You're welcome. I'll take an Absolute and tonic.

18. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

If he's a guy, start making fun of him. Whenever he orders fancy stuff, throw that pinkie out and mock him. Ridicule his snobbery at every chance... if he says something like "Damn, that Kobe is good," come back with "It figures someone who drinks the stuff you do would like Kobe." When the waitress comes, say "The drinks for men are over here... that one's for him." Use humor to point out his pretensions. If he still doesn't get it, point out the truth... whenever he orders, have everyone check their wallet... tell him he's bankrupting you... have everyone order water because it's cheap. Be united and be merciless.

19. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

exactly.

just lay down some rules. explain that if he wants the expensive stuff, he's going to have to foot the bill for it, period. i can't imagine going out and ordering nothing but expensive stuff. i MIGHT get ONE premium type of drink but that's it. nothing but the specials or beer after that. it sounds like he's taking advantage of the situation. i know sometimes it's difficult but you have to put the foot down sometimes if you simply can't stand it.

20. yipengzhao

yipengzhao Contributing Member

Hm...

Glenlivet...

You should either go neat or on the rocks... I'm not sure anybody who knows scotch would mix it...