1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Official "I give up on the season thread"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jmftexas, Jan 30, 2006.

1. Phil

Phil Contributing Member

https://webspace.utexas.edu/plk58/astrostombstone.jpg?uniq=1dydj

i understand the realistic approach, but giving up all hope takes the fun out of being a fan. since the nba has a lottery draft system, i won't root for them to lose even when we're mathematically out. seeing my team play well and winning a "meaningless" game will still be worth it.

#21 Phil, Jan 30, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2006
  2. barryxzz

barryxzz Contributing Member

man, I hope you are right. But it just seems to me that jvg does not know how to adapt. We need more cutting, less 3pt shooting. We rely too much on jump-shooting. F***!

Injuries is no excuse. I start to think JVG has no creativity whatsoever. Les needs to start looking for a new coach and maybe a new GM. JVG and CD picked all these injury-prone players. I mean Jon Barry is old, DA has an injury-prone track record. Swift is known to be a p***y. Bob Sura has had injuries for a long time. They should be prepared for that. I start to think JVG brings bad luck. Heck, Raptors at least score a lot of points. I don't know man, I am so frustrated right now.

3. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

How about this?

[​IMG]

4. droxford

droxford Member

We will make it past the first round of the playoffs.

5. hooroo

hooroo Member

time for some desperate trades.

baxter for travis diener (sura light, better 3pt shot than rafer?)
    juwon for al harrington (hawks must be crazy to think they can keep al in the off-season)

6. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the Hawks can get something just a little more valuable than Juwan Howard in exchange for their 25-year-old star, in his prime.

....and Travis Diener is a joke that will be out of the NBA soon.

7. rocketsmetalspd

This will do. I believe this will embark the Rockets in 10 game winning streak.

GO ROCKETS!!! LET THE PAY BACKS BEGIN...

8. hooroo

hooroo Member

surely the fact that he is in his prime, is unrestricted, and will command a max contract will have teams think twice about offering too much for a piece they know they're only renting for the rest of the season?

diener is behind francis, nelson, and dooling in orlando. in the little game time he gets he's shown he's been able to hit the threeball well.

9. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

You don't just trade away a player like Harrington for a regressing, one-dimensional PF in his 30's like Howard. At the very worst, you hang on to him then S&T him when he bolts.

Diener's only prayer for making it in this league is shooting lights out. He does nothing else well. He's a D-league calibur player that I still have trouble understanding how anybody could draft. He's absolutely nothing like Sura. In fact, they are polar opposites. Sura does everything well but shoot and Diener can't do anything but shoot well.

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

that limb is about the size of a california red oak. that you could like drive through or something.

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

plus the astros play baseball. a crappy sport where people cheat and are on steriods. plus the astros couldn't score points either.

12. Stunna

Stunna Member

I mean, I just ASSUMED, everyone has given up on the season. Of course we are going to support them 100%, but anyone who thinks this 15-29 team is going to make the playoffs is just kidding themselves. Before we think about playoffs, we should worry ABOUT WINNING JUST ONE GAME IN OUR DIVISION...WE ARE NOW 0-9 versus teams in our division. the horrible acqusitions, the nagging injuries, and just bad breaks....its just not our year. Let's just hope we will be able to get a QUALITY player that can come in and help immediatly when we draft, which i predict will be somewhere from the 6-10 pick.

13. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

word....

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

im hoping for the 3rd pick but i doubt that will ever happen.

15. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

man Rudy Gay would be a perfect complement for tmac on the wings :D

16. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

I'm buying low.

17. jon

jon Contributing Member

In order to get 41 wins, Rockets has to win 26 games. Then for the remaining season, their winning percentage would be 0.684. Currently, only 3 teams managed to get that, Detroit, San Antonio and Dallas. In order to get 45 wins, Rockets has to get 0.789 for the remaining season, and only Detroit has that record for now.

It's not mission impossible yet to get 41 wins, but they better start winning NOW.

18. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

I face reality with this team after every loss, but I just cant give up hope.

19. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

The season starts tomorrow. If the Rockets are no closer than 5 games from the 8th seed by the allstar break, I'm all for benching Mcgrady in the pretext that he needs rest for his back condition and for playing Yao no more than 30 minutes a game or even benching him with the assumption that he needs to rest his foot and give it more time to heal. it would be huge for the Rockets to have the option to draft one of the top players coming out of college next year. From JJ Reddick to Rudy Gay to Adam Morrison. They would all help our team tremendously.

20. solid

solid Contributing Member

It has not been looking good for this team for some time, virtually all season. I still say they have the wrong complimentary players. I know they are not all playing, but we have seen them play at some point. Anderson should not be here next year. Barry is probably finished. I will be shocked but estatic if Sura returns in playing shape. I expect him to retire. Wesley's contract expires. Deke has one more year. Surely we will never see Moochie again. Howard is one of the team's few "tradeable" players and may be moved, maybe not. I hope Alston is gone, good passer, but, he is one of the most inconsistent players I have ever seen next to Swift, who surely will be moved. Hayes and Head (his stock has dropped of late) are keepers. Baxter, gone. Bowen should never leave the bench.

I know there are fiscal restrictions but the Rocket's organization needs to do whatever they can to bring in the right compliment of players for Ming and TMac. The present group is just not that talented and fail to address the real shortcomings of the team. See below. I just hope ALL the injured players can return, so you all can see them play together for the rest of the season. Then we can lay the "talent" issue to rest.

#40 solid, Jan 31, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2006