1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Grizzlies 1/30/2006

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 30, 2006.

1. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Wait...you mean two perimeter sharp shooters just burn us again? I wonder how many times I heard this over the past two years (seems like every single game). :eek:

2. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Why should T-Mac take smarter shots? He gets wide open looks for his garbage teammates and they never make them.

3. ruddy5

ruddy5 Member

TMAC stop, please stop! nobody dare to talk about tmac shooting, right?

4. ruddy5

ruddy5 Member

why????? 9-24? 13-37?? it's not enought reason for you ah tmac only fan? LOL

5. DribbleHooper

DribbleHooper Contributing Member

The only question was who it would be, not whether it would happen.

I don't know about you, but I'm getting pretty sick of it.

6. McGradySNKT

McGradySNKT Contributing Member

same ole same ole

double people who need not be doubled

take a chance on packing the lane and leave the 3pt shot wide open

the defensive rotations are just too slow.

Are there any adjustments, nope...

7. thewaterox

thewaterox Contributing Member

The one thing a JVG team should do is get defensive stops with the game on the line. This team can't even do that. The Rockets have two of the most offensively gifted players in the league with T-Mac and Yao and yet the offense sucks.

8. TIM BREAUX

TIM BREAUX Contributing Member

YOU are an idiot.

The guy hasn't played in 20 some games...and he played 30+ minutes...

You would be slow on the court too moron.

He came back 2 weeks early on top of all that.

Think b4 you type stupid.

9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Would it not indicate then that, there is something wrong with the defensive scheme they employ?

Ok, so we all know, JVG is not the brightest guy, when it comes to coaching offense.

But if he is getting beat on the defensive end as well, which suposedly is his forte......

As I said, I will be rooting for Rockets to keep losing this season, so JVG can be bye-byed. Draft lottery for Rocket's horrendous season will be a consolation when compared to JVG's firing.

10. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

What's funny is, the Rockets kept insisting on that play against the Heat and the T-Wolves, and what kept happening over and over again was Shaq and Garnett ending up doubling on McGrady, which of course means he can't shoot over them or he will be forced to take the shot and will most likely end up missing it; it's no wonder the guy keeps having bad shooting nights...

11. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

12 missed free throws, 2-14 from the three point line, 17 turnovers.

You can't win many games with lines like that.

The Rockets are getting open shots they're just not making them. It's the players who are not making uncontested shots. If they weren't getting wide open shots I would look at the coach but they are so I can't fault the coach for that.

The thing I'm pissed about most is the treatment Yao still gets from the refs. Yao has players draped all over him, pulling on his arms, on his back, tugging at his shirt, hitting his hands and arms, and the refs are looking right at it and swallow their whistle.

anyways, the real season starts wedensday at home against Milwaukee. They'll real off 10 wins in a row right into the all-star break.

12. bigben69

bigben69 Member

Dont get me wrong.....I love Tmac but it should be obvious. Him missing a shot is the same as someone else on our team taking a smarter shot and missing it. Either way it is a miss but when Juwan is having a good shooting game and Yao is on the floor, he doesnt HAVE to do it all. Tmac has just been taking some dumb shots the last couple of games. Im not saying that is the only reason we lost and the only difference is probably that he has been missing them but building a good team game would help us more in the long run regardless.

13. napalm

napalm Contributing Member

I hate being right :( ...We are losing at a time when we can least afford to do so..we have no room for errors and no more rope left to hang ourselves with, but we continue to lose, bah :/ ...

14. DribbleHooper

DribbleHooper Contributing Member

Look at the bright side, y'all... if they can wind up down as much as 16 points or more with both superstars in the game, the Rockets won't have to deliberately lose games to be in the lottery.

Draft picks are so much nicer when you earn them, anyway.

15. napalm

napalm Contributing Member

Agreed, especially with the treatment that Yao got tonight from the refs...

As for the bolded portion, all I gotta say is Amen!...

16. xcomputerman

xcomputerman Contributing Member

This is so depressing. :'(

17. zhao1109

zhao1109 Contributing Member

calm down. no open fire to YAO

I just dont like JVG play him over 30 mins

18. TIM BREAUX

TIM BREAUX Contributing Member

My bad...just a little sensitive what with the loss and all.

Breathe...Breathe...good thoughts...good thoughts...

19. xcomputerman

xcomputerman Contributing Member

You suck. Who did you want instead, Deke?

20. McGradySNKT

McGradySNKT Contributing Member

I've seen Tracy play alot before he came to HOU. The reason he can fool a Dallas team into thinking he will call a timeout and wont, then comes down and pops a shot on whoever is there is because he was allowed to just play.

This same old tired offensive set seriously needs to be worked on. The team doesnt have that large of a window to experiment and see how long they can work this over and over like its a theory.

Im not sure whats wrong with coach Van Gundy, but common sense tells you if something isnt working, you dont continue to do it.

I see Tmac doubled and that disrupts the entire offense. I dont see many cuts, I dont see much movement, and the sad part is, they call a timeout, you see JVG grab a clipboard, and guess what

Mcgrady off the screen and roll at the top of the key, he gets doubled, and pushed toward the half court line. Its like a horror movie.