1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

movies that made you cry?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xenochimera, Jan 19, 2006.

1. yo

yo Contributing Member

the patriot - "i'll say anything you want! i'll say anything!"
    castaway - volleyball scene

i feel kind of foolish for castaway though.

2. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I don't think I've ever cried at a movie but I remember seeing "legend of the fall" with a girl I was going out with and that was some seriously sad stuff.

Why do girls like movies like that? I ownly choose to watch movies that make me crack up, smile or get me so pumped up I want kick some bad guy's butt.

3. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

What Dreams May Come

It's A Wonderful Life

4. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

The Green Mile

5. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I have the Notebook, sitting in a shoebox, in the backseat of my truck right now.

i want to watch it, but i'm scared ****less to watch it. I don't cry. I'm not emotional. but my friend said she was crying.

6. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

I agree.

The characters name is Benito aka "New York"

Other movies that have made me cry.

Braveheart.
    Master and Commander. When they cut off the boys arm.
    City of Angels. When Seth goes to the farmers market, and just tearfully and mechanically picks up all of the fruit that he bought with her their afternoon there once.
    The English Patient.
    Last of the Mohicans. When Hawkeye's brother goes after Magua alone and is defeated and left to slide off the edge of the cliff. The Monroe daughter that Magua has hostage slowly inches closer to the edge, looks down, then up again, then just effortlessly falls backwards to her death next to him.

Someone else mentioned A River Runs through it. That one got me too. I always think about the ending lines to the movie and book in my mind, "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs. I am haunted by waters."

Edit: Also need to add Grave of the Fireflies.

#86 lost_elephant, Jan 19, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2006
  7. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

You'd feel more like that after reading the book. The movie was heavily romantic, where as in the book, it mainly brushed along masculinity and the unbreakable bonds between father to sons, brother to brother, and man to nature.

8. Billyp

Billyp Contributing Member

Anyone seen John Q? The part where he's talking to his son before he's going to kill himself gets me everytime. I watched it with a bunch of my friends and we were all tearing up and trying to hide it.

9. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member

I'm glad to see I am not the only one that does this. I cannot make it through that seen without coming unglued. If it is on and others are around I just get up and leave the room.

What's bad is I saw it for the 1st time on a date. That movie should have come with a disclaimer or warning or something.

10. qwerty

qwerty Contributing Member

The end of Stand By Me. Wow, just tinking about it makes me get a feeling in my stomach. So I guess Stand By Me has my favorite vomit scene AND has made me cry.

Oh, and good call on Transformers: The Movie. I think it scarred a generation of little boys.

11. Lance Berkman

Lance Berkman Member

Cast Away: When Wilson gets lost in the ocean and Tom Hanks is desperately trying to swim and get him but gives up.

That scene gets me everytime.

12. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member

Don't let word of this get out to St. Louis Cardinal fans Lance. They'll be dangling volleyballs over the fence at you at the New Busch Stadium.

13. bronxfan

bronxfan Contributing Member

for those of you who have never seen Sophie's Choice and don't know the "choice" this is one of those movies that breaks your heart long after you its over..

14. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member

How many Meryll Streep movies qualify as "tear jerkers".

15. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

A.I. made me cry like a little b****.

16. SlizardOO

SlizardOO Member

Crash and My Sassy Girl made me tear up

17. cuttino

cuttino Contributing Member

Not cry....maybe just get a little verklempt:

Stepmom
    Cider House Rules
    Saving Private Ryan

:(

18. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

snap

wanna play catch.......

19. Rockets Fan Trapped In MN

Rockets Fan Trapped In MN Contributing Member

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Towards the end

Clementine: "This is it Joel. It's going to be gone soon."
    Joel: "I know."
    Clementine: "What do we do?"
    Joel: "Enjoy it."

20. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Waking Ned Devine

I don't know who's seen it, but it's a really great movie. But without going into too much detail, there's a scene where one of the two main characters is giving a eulogy at Ned Devine's funeral, but for complicated reasons that I won't go into right now, he has to make it sound like it's someone elses funeral. So, to cover up he makes it sound like it's the funeral of his lifelong buddy, who he grew up with him in this small, Irish town. His buddy, who is the other main character, is actually sitting in the front row at the service and his speech just gets to me everytime.

Jackie O'Shea: Michael O'Sullivan was my great friend. But I don't ever remember telling him that. The words that are spoken at a funeral are spoken too late for the man who is dead. What a wonderful thing it would be to visit your own funeral. To sit at the front and hear what was said, maybe say a few things yourself. Michael and I grew old together. But at times, when we laughed, we grew young. If he was here now, if he could hear what I say, I'd congratulate him on being a great man, and thank him for being a friend.

Another movie that always gets to me is About Schmidt. The entire movie basically leads up to the ending, where he receives and reads a letter from the kid in Africa who he sponsored through one of those television ads. Jack Nicholson's character breaks down and it's pretty heart-breaking. I don't know, it's something about old men looking back at their life and getting emotional that has some effect on me. Sad, love stories usually never have that same effect.

#100 DCkid, Jan 20, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2006