1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tags:
  1. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

After Dream...HMMMMMMM
    I rather liked our glimpse into the post Dream era.We saw the future of the Rockets and with the room to maneuver(literally and personnel wise) this team is going to be all that......With Stevie,Cato,Shandon,Carlos,and Cat the future is bright.We should have cap space available.......luring a prized free agent would be sweet.With the talent here we CAN win now ,but I'm afraid Rudy,Dream,Chuck,or some combination thereof will prevent this.That same talent also gives us options as far as trades down the line.(not Dream)Hopefully we can see the big turnaround.If not,then look forward to happy days ahead.
    ........nothing but blue skies! HH
    Tell me if that last game wasn't a promise of a brighter future.What kinds of moves would you guys and girls make to augment our talent?If Rudy survives the next two years,I think he will do a good job with a young team not encoumbered with hall of famers,at the end of their careers,who are resistant to accepting lesser roles.If Rudy ends up in the front office,who would you all like to see run this team?My vote(if it comes to that)is Isiah.

[This message has been edited by Hardwood Hammer (edited November 27, 1999).]

2. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

We're not going to have any money for free agents. Cato's new deal along with the wasted Maloney/Mclean/Augmon money will eat away/has eaten away all of that.

I look for this team to get better through the draft and through trades.

3. Rocketability

Rocketability Member

...... either way, the Rox have a GREAT, BRIGHT future! [​IMG]

But how about WIN NOW? I hope they can turn it around for this season. Still too many uncertainties, though.

It's understandable that Dream and Chuck are resistant to accept lesser roles. Now our eyes are on them if we want to WIN NOW. If a Patrick Ewing is on this team, then WIN NOW would be just a dream. If David Robinson is on our team, then we can still hope to repeat what Tim Duncan did for the Spurs last year.

... it all depends on our 2 superstars and future hall of famers. Seems Rudy doesn't have as much authority as our 2 stars have. [​IMG]