1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Optimistic Predictions

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaneB, Nov 27, 1999.

1. DaneB

DaneB Member

We did lose to the NBA's best team, but we have proved to ourselves that we are a good team. This might give us enough confidence to win our next 8 games, putting us at 11-11. This is what our schedule looks like...

NOVEMBER
    Mon 29 at Vancouver

DECEMBER
    Wed 1 at Phoenix
    Thu 2 at L.A. Clippers
    Sat 4 Phoenix
    Mon 6 Vancouver
    Wed 8 at Philadelphia (without Iverson)
    Fri 10 at Boston
    Sat 11 at New Jersey
    Tue 14 New York
    Wed 15 at San Antonio

We will lose to New York, but then beat San Antonio the next day. May be a bit too optimistic, but anything is possible with this team. What do you guys think?

2. Axeman

Axeman Member

A little bit too optimistic, if you ask me. This team is still a lottery team in my opinion. The Clippers, Grizzlies, Raptors (until recently) Nuggets, etc.. all spent most of their last few years losing all their close games (i.e. Sacramento(2), Portland). Most of the rest of the games they lost were blowouts (i.e. Dallas(1), Indiana, Sacramento(1), LA Lakers, Seattle). And then they occasionally won one or two on another team's off-night (i.e. Lakers(2) w/out Kobe and Shaq, Dallas(2) with only 8 players, etc).

I'll have to be a little less optimistic than you at this point until I see indications that the Rockets are nearing the .500 mark. But, we're a long way from there right now.

(By the way - the above parenthetical references to the other teams refer to games we've played this year that serve as examples of the trend I'm talking about).

[This message has been edited by Axeman (edited November 27, 1999).]