1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where's MacLean when you need him?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Axeman, Nov 27, 1999.

1. Axeman

Axeman Member

I know, you probably laugh when you read the title of the topic, but, hey, did anyone see the need tonite for a CONSISTENT spot up shooter? The Rockets had great motion in their offense tonite and were getting quite a few open looks. MacLean has such a great mid-range game... Would have been nice to have him in there for some quick offense when we needed it.

With the Rockets shooting under 44% as a team this year, I still think they would have been smart to keep MacLean in the fold for this season... They sure as heck aren't doing any better without him. Just a thought.

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Axeman,

MacLean couldn't get his quick offense going in the pre-season against 2nd stringers, what makes you think he can get it going against possibly the best team in the NBA? Add to the fact that we have a team with Walt Williams and Matt Bullard, and I couldn't justify having a Don MacLean on it. Having him would mean a team that is at least 25% small forwards that have no D. No thanks. Oh, and ditto for all you that want to add Sam Mack to the lineup. If you can get rid of a Bullard or a Williams to add Mack, then fine, but please... all 3 on the same team? Again, no thanks!

------------------
    Rocket fuel pumps through these veins...

3. alaskansnowman

i didn't even see maclean play at all. i dont think he got a chance to get it going.

4. bballfanatic

bballfanatic Member

Actually I liked what I saw of McLean and he is a pure shooter isn't he.

Too bad we didn't keep him on the injured reserve list for when we needed him. I wonder if it wasn't a financial thing but I thought we had to pay them even though we released them so I don't know. I am guilty to say I thought it would have been better to keep him than Bullard but after tonight I am so sorry. Bull showed a lot of effort out there tonight on both ends of the court and made a difference. He definitely wants to win.

GO ROCKETS!