1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Moochie proving his worth

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by countingcrow, Dec 18, 2005.

1. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

He has played rather well the last two games. I hope he continues to play well. I will always have a soft spot for Mooch after seeing him (in person) single-handedly demolish the Pacers in that triple OT game a few years back when he was dearly loved by all.

Go Moochie!

2. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

I'm glad someone's giving Mooch some credit for playing well. He's been roundly bashed on this board (for good reason at times) when he plays poorly, so it is worth noting when he does well (2 straight games). He looks like he's in really good shape right now, and seems very confident.

btw-I remember that Pacer game, and it was AWESOME!!!

That game alone probably got him his new contract. Remember, those were the lean years and Mooch was one of the most exciting things we had going.

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I hope he can keep it up. He is more confident and that's encouraging.

4. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

He is looking a new inflated contract. The man is a genius. Behind his troll looks he has the mind of Donald Trump. I hope Rockets are nto fooled once agian into giving him a mammoth of a contract like they did last time. We cant keep counting on Isiah Thomas to keep getting rid of Moochie Norris. And then even a dumb rock like Isiah realied how just how Juwonish Moochie really is and decided to ship him back to us with love.

Lets just use his decent play until his contract runs up. Yeah use him!!

5. richirich

richirich Contributing Member

Moochie is right up there with Rybo, they are the 420th and 421st best NBA players. Not sure which one is which. They are each good for 10-12 minutes a month.

6. DJ

DJ Member

I liked the way that Moochie dribbled the ball from his chest.

7. Rockets111

Rockets111 Contributing Member

Ever since preseason play, it was evident how much Moochie's game has changed...his shooting has gotten better, and he's more intelligent on the floor...he's a very capable third-string PG, and he doesnt hurt the team when he's on the floor...

8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Neither am I but I do know that Juwon Howard is 422nd.

9. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I'm a fan of Moochie's and love to see him give the Rockets productive minutes like he has been doing.

Go Rockets.

10. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

he hasn't been bad. that doesn't mean that he's been playing well.

the last we saw of him he was turning the ball over left and right, not playing defense, fat, slow, couldn't shoot, and didn't know when to shoot or pass so just kept dribbling.

he plays hard, doesn't look to shoot, gets rid of the ball as soon as he can, and because of that he doesn't make many mistakes anymore.

a vast improvement, yes, but he isn't really producing much.

11. superden

superden Contributing Member

i am perfectly fine with moochie on our team... as the cheerleader

12. The Ming Dynasty

The Ming Dynasty Contributing Member

Mooch is Mooch. A back-up PG (second or third string - who cares?). I met Mooch at the Rockets Open Practice this year and he was the only player (out of the six I got the opportunity to meet) that seemed to give a crap (no disrespect to the others - including Yao, Swift, Head, etc.) but I appreciate that Mooch was willing and actually seemed like he wanted to interact with the fans including myself and my four year old daughter.

The bottom line is Mooch is living a dream that 99.9% of ClutchFans members (including myself) wish that they could live. At least he seems to appreciate it. He may make a few bonehead plays every once in a while, but I can overlook those mistakes if the player doesn't treat the fans like lesser people and Mooch doesn't do that. Go Moochie! :D

13. robbarnett

robbarnett Member

a string of good games doesn't really equal consistency. I think he's easily replaceable, the best part about him is his uniform.

14. bplld

bplld Contributing Member

Moochie is a street legend. Thats probably why he is so happy all the time. Glad that he made it here.

15. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Good for the Little Dribbler. I remember when the board considered him among the best backup PGs in the Association. Before Steve and Cat put it into his head that he was more than a role-playing backup he was a great fit for the team, and can be again now that his ego has been deflated.