1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

all star game 06

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by KHimmatramka, Dec 14, 2005.

1. KHimmatramka

KHimmatramka Member

scary thought..

mcgrady is on the forward balot this year with:
    duncan, garnett, elton brand (break out year), and nowitzki (ugh)

yao is probably goin to lead again hopefully
    but "experts (stupid ones)" continuously knock yao in public and camby is having a break out year as we all kno...

get to www.nba.com and vote!!! please!

question: is there anyway to nominate people to the dunk contest? perhaps in the "write in ballot", if they get a lot of nominee's for say.. stromile swift.. do u think they might put him in the contest in houston? just questioning

VOTE!

2. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

I wouldnt worry, Tmac will be voted, the past 2 years its been KG/Duncan, in all honesty, Tmac wins in "popularity" votes vs BOTH of them. KG may give him a run for his money, but not both.

http://www.nba.com/allstar2005/allstar_game/starters_050203.html

Tmac got more votes than TD but not KG, either way, shouldnt be any worries, he has a teammate that will vote for both of them 10 billion times :p

3. thephatp

thephatp Contributing Member

HAHA! VERY TRUE! :D

4. ChrisP

ChrisP Contributing Member

Yeah, we've got to do our part to stuff the ballot box. The game is here and McGrady and Yao need to start for the home town.

I didn't realize it, but statistically Camby is perhaps more deserving than Yao this year. 14 rebounds and 3+ blocks a game! ...and only a couple of points shy of Yao.

Also, having McGrady in the mix with the plethora of great forwards in the West definitely doesn't help either.

I know both of these guys are extremely popular, and this is a popularity contest, but still... hate to see them coming off the bench when we're hosting the game.

5. Asian Sensation

Yah... I'm not worried about T-mac starting either. I think he has a really good shot at taking MVP too.

6. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

First of all I don't see the reason for the word "perhaps" in your statement, and also I find it hard to believe how many NBA fans aren't even aware of Camby's production.

7. bplld

bplld Contributing Member

Might end up where Yao starts but Camby plays like the whole game. Like when Shaq won the mvp though Yao got to start.

8. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

I don't know, I think because of injuries and all McGrady might not start this year, and normally I wouldn't care but this year the game is in H-town.

Hope both our stars start in the ASG, it would be special...

9. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Cut the fans a break. It's the first year that there hasn't been an injured reserve list in this league.

10. Himalayas

Himalayas Contributing Member

Don't worry, SF3 have been an all-star when he was with Yao Ming, so be T-Mac!

Obviously T-Mac>SF3

Let's see 2 all-stars again!

11. rvpals

rvpals Member

It would really SUCK if either TMac or Yao ends up not starting. Especially when the all star game is in Houston. It's slap to Houston's face.

We got to vote early and often.

SHOW your support.

12. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

hopefully we'll be closer to .500 by the ASB

but should be a good one

13. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

I filled out 100 ballots during the hawks game. It was strange, because on every third ballot or so, Yao's little bubble was not completely perforated. When i tried to punch it, the ballot tore every time. Could this be an NBA conspiracy designed to keep Yao's vote numbers in check? hmmmmm...Anyone else notice this on the paper ballots?

14. KHimmatramka

KHimmatramka Member

no but my friend sad the ballots were hard to punch.. he didnt say yao specifically although he might have forgotten that part