1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 12/14/2005

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 13, 2005.

1. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Great win. 30-16 by Yao but I didn't like the 6 turnovers and the 19 by the team as a total but at least we got the win. Now go and beat Seattle and make it 5 in a row!

2. lalala902102001

Other than the two extremely dumb plays from David Wesley that almost cost us the game, this was a great win.

Rybo showed up tonight. He needs to do this more and make teams pay for leaving him open on defense.

3. notthefullquid

notthefullquid Contributing Member

can someone answer this question...if Ryan Bowen, RYAN BOWEN, can make cuts and slashes to the basket with feeds from Yao, why can't we do it with Swift? Or with anybody else in our backcourt? I don't care if Yao was hot today, he obviously still gets double teamed regardless anyway, so I know there are ample opportunities. I mean, I couldn't believe I was seeing some cutting and slashing to the basket from us! It was pretty too!

4. roxgirl

roxgirl Member

b/c no one plays bowen. PLayers stay on Swift b/c they know if they don't, a big dunk is coming.

5. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

this was really a TEAM . R. bowen really showed some hustle and D.wesley showed his veteran moves off. Mr. Head= Mr. Clutch.

For some reason , I get this feeling we are going to get blown out tomorrow by Seattle. Our team defense really sucked tonight ,but Seattle doesn't have a good point guard. So hopefully they wont look as good.

6. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Great win. I hope they break .500 record by the end of December.

7. davidwu

davidwu Contributing Member

But I don't think TMAC is healthy as in your sig today.

8. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Man, I was so certain that I was going to need a tallboy and a cigarette to forget this game. I can't remember the last time I saw a team as on-fire as Golden State was in the third and early fourth quarters.

Even as bad as I knew our statistical chances to be, though, and as frustrated as I got, I never gave up hope completely... and man, was I rewarded!

On a night when T-Mac was clearly not feeling good at all, we have Yao step up with 30 points and 16 rebounds. DA hobbles out on a busted leg and does the best he can. David Wesley had a bunch of iffy calls go against him, but hustled and busted his ass the whole game and hit a ton of big shots for 19 points.

Oh yeah, and then there was that Luther Head guy. Man that three was awesome. On the replays, watching the Golden State Bench was priceless!

Tomorrow night is going to be one hell of a sluggish game, I'd wager, but still, this game was great for several reasons. One, the Rockets were able to weather an insane storm and regain their poise. Two, Yao Ming came up huge when Tracy wasn't himself. Three, role players like Wesley and Deke had their best game of the season. Four, Van Gundy came up with crucial plays to get the Rockets into overtime and the defense stayed tight even when the Warriors were raining threes. Five, the Rockets never packed it in after crucial mistakes (Moochie! :mad:) and moved on to the next play and executed. Six, the win is going to be GREAT for team-building and confidence-boosting.

Yesss!!

9. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Hey, I did it for the team.

10. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

He sat a few times early, my guess being that he isn't in full game shape yet.

11. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

Yeah, but he shook it off after a bit. I thought he was tired. He was pouring water on his head in the 4th quarter.

12. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

Oh, yeah, GOOD GAME! :D :p

13. rusHour

rusHour Contributing Member

any idea why stephen graham was on the court when head hit that clutch 3? kinda surprising a bit...

Im wondering if hes maybe impressed the coaching staff the best he could of a week on the team...showed he actaully had a shot...hmmm

14. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

I am concerned with Tmac's physical condition. He seems to be in a lot of pain in 2nd half and OT. The last thing we need now is he sit out another stretch, then our season is hard to save. Tmac, rest well!

15. scutmb

scutmb Contributing Member

Wesley really tired, how could he play over 40 minutes.Not mention physical, mentally he was not there . But he did play very hard.

16. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

We really do need a point guard....if R. Alston is not the guy, CD needs to get Earl "Tha Pearl" Watson

17. Himalayas

Himalayas Contributing Member

What a great post tonight, I love these words!

18. ToothYanker

ToothYanker Contributing Member

Jeeebus. We outrebounded GS 61-32. Rybo had 5 offensive boards. Wow.

19. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

You know these game threads are hillarious. They read like a bunch of drunk guys in a barber shop. One second it's "Trade everybody". The next minute it's "I never gave up on my homeys."

20. busta_cap

busta_cap Contributing Member

Did that remind you of another rookie Rockets guard who hit a huge late three against Golden State a few years ago?

HINT: He goes by the nickname Cat. ;)