1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why don't people cooperate with police?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Franchise3, Dec 14, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

Do people really think mouthing off to a police officer will really help them out? I was always taught to respect people in authority with yes sirs/ma'ams, and especially with police officers.

Here is a clip of a girl resisting and getting tasered. I feel no remorse for her at all.

Lady is Tasered

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

nevermind,

that song is a little over the top

3. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

In two of the three times where I should have been arrested, by being nice to the police, and probably because I was a suburban cleancut preppie white boy in Memorial, I got let off.

I'm not saying it was right, I'm just saying it happened.

The third time, I mouthed off to the cops and got cuffed. However, I was sober and was able to kiss ass and talk my way out of it.

I love that NWA album.

4. Rule0001

Rule0001 Contributing Member

son of a b**** lol

was just about to pull those lyrics up

5. roxgirl

roxgirl Member

Fine line of whether that was necessary, but I guess she had a lot of violations, and she wouldn't cooperate. Not sure in what situations, they are allowed to pull out the taser. And if it was completely by the book, yep, she deserved it.

6. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

That fool needed to be taught a lesson.

7. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

My opinion is that was a little bit over line of Tasermania. She hadn't actually commited any active crimes and she wasn't really a physical threat, just b****y and uncooperative. Maybe just a little more show of manpower or pepper spray but hitting someone with a Taser is overkill for just an attitude adjustment.

8. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Pepperspray is worse than a taser in my view

9. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

Dude, ya'll are gonna get me in trouble pointing me to sites with 100 references and links that include the word p*rn in it...

10. MartianMan

MartianMan Contributing Member

I agree. There was no physical threat.

11. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i'm sorry. did you say someone got tasered? i didn't notice b/c i was too distracted by the lovely p*rn ads that so discreetly adorned every corner of the page.

12. droxford

droxford Member

ooooo.. thanks for the warning - I almost clicked on that link. I'll check it out at home.

13. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

"Get out of the car ma'am."
    "No! Blah blah blah blah.... "

ZZZT

/whining and crying like a sad puppy ensues/

Not so bad now huh?!

Oh man... attitude problem, thou art corrected!

14. droxford

droxford Member

I haven't seen the clip yet, but that descripion is friggin' hilarious!! LMAO!!!

15. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

In the video, the officer said she had a suspended license and she took a swing at the other officer who reached for her through the passenger side.

Not sure if this required a taze, but I have no problem with it considering it doesn't permanently damage you and she was resisting arrest.

16. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

17. MartianMan

MartianMan Contributing Member

Maybe. But that's still kinda sketchy.

But boy, the officers would have in been in deep **** if that lady had a heart problem or a pacemaker. Tasers aren't exactly harmless.

It seems to me that the officers were just tired of her b****ing and decided to taser her. There wasn't any serious threat. They just didn't want to spend time talking to her.

18. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

No kidding, damn, she was just plain rude, antagonistic, and beginning to become violent...the sad thing is there are probably people on the board that think there was nothing wrong with the way she was acting and the cops acted with extreme force.

19. GBRocket

GBRocket Contributing Member

Crazy video. I really don't think a Tazer was necessary. The police should have been able to diffuse that situation by other means, especially considering there were two of them! You don't see teachers pull out Tazers on kids when they are being uncooperative.

She hadn't done that much wrong, I mean driving while licence suspended is one thing but we've all broken the speed limit before and ridden without a seat belt on.

20. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

agreed.