1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Artest is available.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by canoner2002, Dec 10, 2005.

Tags:
  1. hooroo

hooroo Member

JVG has found a new pet player.

2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Because I have faith in Mcgrady. Call me a dreamer but if MJ could whip a headcase like Rodman, I think Tmac can do the same with Artest. Artest is nuts but he is a difference maker. Rockets need his personality to get into heads of opponents and go to next level. Artest would relieve so much pressure off of Mcgrady. And lastly, he is a competitor. It would be a risk, but its one worth taking.

3. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

I love the fact that we'd be giving Indiana two players that have little trade value and then he suggests that we give them a (lottery, I'm assuming) protected pick. LOL.

4. KHimmatramka

KHimmatramka Member

artest is a beast
    i wouldn't trade luther + first round+ wesley though... but if a trade was arranged, it wouldn't hurt having artest

although from what it seems like, artest is wanting to go somewhere where he can be the star player, the rockets don't offer that

5. KHimmatramka

KHimmatramka Member

you gotta be kidding

6. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

No. Yao and his potential is so overrated it's not funny. he is not gonna improve anymore then what he has. tracy and Artest would form the most lethal combo in the league. plus Foster is no slouch either.

7. hooroo

hooroo Member

artest + croshere

wesley, juwan, + mocchie.

pacers can deduct around 10 mil from their books with this deal. juwan is better player than croshere.

if bender's injury turns out to be career ending they might just find themselves under the salary cap next season.

8. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

Head is valuable. Good rising stars on rookie contract are always valuable, and cheap. Wesley provide cap relief which will just get them under lux threshold I think. A protected pick can be between 10-20. In a deep year, that pick is very valuable.

9. topfive

topfive CF OG

Let me translate for Ron:

"I need to get my offensive numbers up so I can get a max deal when my contract's up, and I can't do that in the Pacers' system."

This guy wants to be the focus of the offense now. I'll pass on that deal.

10. canoner2002

Does Artest provide D that we need to stop penetration? Check.

Does Artest provide a reliable scoring option, any time Tmac or Yao is not on the court? Check.

Is he a headach? Check. JVG needs some help to lose the hair he has left. :D

11. Bullard4Life

Bullard4Life Member

We cannot afford Yao + TMac + Artest. Yao + TMac is better than TMac + Artest. Next thread please...

12. canoner2002

That is why Pacers are not gonna get fair value for Artest.

Artest is not gonna the focal point of O with any team. And personally I don't think adding one more scorer is such a bad thing. Mavs had big four, Kings had loads of scorers, Suns had 4 big scorers last year. Are we sure adding one more scorer on top of Tmac and Yao is gonna be that bad? And in this case, we improve our D also.

13. canoner2002

We can until the end of 2008. Hopefully we can do something big before that. Isn't that the plan?

14. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

okay, fine. make fun of the guy because he doesn't talk well. call him dumb, but he is one hell of basketball player who plays the game HARD and is one of the best all around players in the league. he is one of the best perimeter defenders of the last decade, which is something that is sorely needed on this team, and offensively can make shots from all over the place now. he is one of the top 10 players in the leauge but people don't want to recognize that.

you highlighted the other part of the quote, i want to talk about this one. i can guarantee you, if he ends up in houston, he will have NO PROBLEMS with JVG practices.....

the guy wants to compete. we need some damn "pitbulls" as charles calls them on this team.....artest is freaking mountain lion.

15. canoner2002

FYI: Artest contract runs through 2008 for about $7mil a year and then he has player option for 08-09.

16. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I know Ron Ron is Re Re, but I've always been a fan of the way he plays basketball. I've tried to stand behind him even after the brawl, but damn it, Ron Ron, now you're demanding a trade from a team that remained so loyal to you after you got suspended for the whole season?!?!?! I'm having a hard time getting behind you on this one, pal!

That said, if the Rockets could manage any package that does not include Yao or T-Mac to get Artest, they'd be foolish not to. I agree with Carlisle that he's one of the elite talents in the league. And if they managed to get Artest and somehow keep T-Mac, Yao AND Swift, I'd say just get a new coach all together. One that can make the most out of moronic but athletic freaks like Artest and Swift.

17. liu1107

liu1107 Contributing Member

Why in the world Indiana want 2 low post scorer? yao+o'neal? you r not smart are you? and ur a Yao hater

18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

A starting lineup with Artest and Tmac with the big oaf Yao in the middle would threaten some points allowed records. That could be one sick defensive team. Just put Artest on anybody possibly short of a C (heck, go ahead and do that, too). But.... read my sig. We need him, but don't need what he brings.

19. hooroo

hooroo Member

sura/rafer/head + tracy + artest + swift + yao = instant championship

20. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

Yao
    Swift
    Artest
    Tmac
    Head

Yeah, that would be one sick lineup.